Easy Reuben Cheesy Bread – the classic Reuben sandwich gets a cheesy bread makeover! Toasted Italian loaf topped with Thousand Island dressing, corned beef, sauerkraut and Swiss cheese will turn you into a cheesy bread fanatic!
The easy cheesy garlic bread addiction continues. Today, we are back with our newest addition to our gooey, cheesy collection: the Reuben Cheesy Bread. As in our favorite sandwich turned into cheesy bread. Do I even have to say that we had a ton of fun creating, taste testing and photographing this bad boy? We totally did!
Every time, my Hubby and I get a craving for this comfort bread topped with the gooey cheesy goodness – we try to come up with a new version. The classic is great but sometimes you just need to jazz things up a bit or maybe take two cravings and mix them up! We’ve done it before ( check out our Jalapeno Popper bread, Philly Cheese Steak bread , Spinach Artichoke Dip bread or Easy Pizza bread) and it always exceeds our expectations and creates a new obsession. At least until we come up with a new one!
I will admit – it is hard to choose a favorite in this selection. They are all crazy good! The beauty of this appetizer (or a meal if you choose to turn it into a dinner!) is that you can make each half of the bread with different toppings! Make the spinach dip version while whipping up the dip and the jalapeno popper if craving the stuffed peppers but need an easy way! Go crazy, have fun and share with others!
This bread cannot be easier to make! Topped with a layer of Thousand Island Dressing, mountains of corned beef slices, sauerkraut and a layer of Swiss cheese that melts into a gooey cover. It is highly recommended to dip a slice in more dressing. Can you say addicting?
The Swiss cheese shrinks a bit during baking and we recommend placing it on the sauerkraut layer by slightly overhanging it on the edge. During the last few minutes of baking and then broiling, the cheese melts into the bread and crisps up. BEST bite ever!
- 1 loaf of Italian bread
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 6 Tablespoons Thousand Island dressing
- 12 slices corned beef
- 1 cup sauerkraut drained (see note)
- 12 slices Swiss cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the bread lengthwise and place both parts face up on the sheet.
- Brush both pieces with melted butter.
- Cover with a piece of aluminum foil and place in the oven.
- Bake for 7 minutes.
- Uncover bread.
- Spread the dressing on each half. Top with slices of corned beef, folding each in half (that helps create more dimension in the meat layer). Top with well drained sauerkraut. Finally, arrange cheese slices, slightly overhanging on the edges (the cheese with shrink a little bit during baking).
- Place bread back in the oven for 10 to 12 more minutes, to heat everything up and melt the cheese.
- Remove from the oven and place on a cutting board. Let cool for few minutes.
- Slice and serve.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet or #crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out!