Crock-Pot® Candied Spiced Nuts - the best and easiest candied nuts recipe. No egg white needed! Just mix and cook in a slow cooker.
This post is sponsored by Crock-Pot® brand.
Today, I am back with another time saver thanks to my Crock-Pot® slow cooker. Perfect, just in time for the holidays to save us busy parents from loosing our minds. 😀 During the holidays, shortcuts are time and sanity savers for me. Like this recipe: Candied Spiced Nuts made in a slow cooker. No egg white needed! Yes, there is no egg white that so many candied nuts recipes use. I used water instead and it worked perfectly! These are the best and the easiest candied nuts you will ever make! Plus, I have a little secret to make them even more delicious!
I simply mixed all of the ingredients together and let them cook in my Crock-Pot® slow cooker. Once done, I let them dry and then they are ready for packing in gift bags or simply fill snack bowls with and enjoy while watching holiday movies.
My little secret to the delicious flavor for these nuts is sprinkling them with ground nutmeg and ground ginger after they are baked in the slow cooker. Place them in a single layer on a parchment paper lined large sheet, sprinkle with spices while still warm and let cool completely. The scent is amazing and each nut is sweet, spiced and delicious. I am obsessed with the scent of nutmeg! I use it in so many dishes all year long, not only during the holidays. In this recipe is makes for that special finishing touch that makes all the difference. I'd love for you to try this and let me know what you think!
My Crock-Pot® Multi Cooker is one amazing appliance and I have been using it non-stop since I got it. You can check out my Cheesy Chicken and Rice or Southwestern Chili with Sweet Potatoes for great dinner ideas that pretty much cook themselves or my Sweet and Spicy Chicken Wings recipe for a great game day snack!
Crock-Pot® Candied Spiced Nuts Recipe
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 1.5 cups raw pecans
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Lightly grease the slow cooker bowl. Place nuts in the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, mix both sugars and cinnamon and add to slow cooker. Stir together to mix well.
- Add water and stir well again.
- Set the slow cooker on HIGH and cook for 3 hours. Stir every 20 to 30 minutes.
- Once done, place nuts on a large parchment paper lined sheet. Sprinkle with nutmeg and ginger, gently toss. Let nuts cool completely.
- Store in air tight container.