Southwestern Crock-Pot® Chili with Sweet Potatoes Recipe – a classic comfort food dish taken to a new level! Southwestern flavors and sweet potatoes make this chili a must-try.
This post is sponsored by Crock-Pot® brand.
I just amped the chili game right there. Turned it up a notch with southwestern flavors and sweet potatoes. You guys, best chili EVER! It might sound weird to add sweet potatoes to chili and my chili-loving Hubby was skeptical at first too, but once you try it – you will love it!
This chili is packed with flavor! No boring meat and beans mixture here. This is a cross between a classic chili and my Crock-pot Chicken and Rice, minus the rice. Best part – it’s cooked in a slow cooker which means all you need to do is add everything to your crock pot and let it cook into this pure comfort goodness.
Because when the weather turns chilly, your body and soul will be craving a big bowl of this chili.
In my opinion, and my Hubby fully agrees, chili has to be slow cooker. All of the flavors have to have time to mingle and create the ultimate full flavor. Why stand by the oven and stir all day, when all you need to do is place everything in a slow cooker and let it do it’s magic! It’s my favorite and most common dish to make in my slow cooker.
I adore my Crock-Pot® Multi Cooker because I can cook the ground beef in it and then add the remaining ingredients and switch to slow cooking feature. No additional dishes to wash!
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 red onion diced
- 1 medium green pepper diced
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 15.25 oz can black beans drained and rinsed,
- 15.5 oz can light red beans drained and rinsed,
- 1.5 cup frozen sweet corn
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 4 oz can green chilies
- 2 medium sweet potatoes peeled, diced
- 1 Tablespoon ground chili powder
- 2.5 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup water
- 2 cup beef broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- shredded cheddar cheese optional topping
- sour cream optional topping
- In a large skillet, heat up oil and butter until melted.
- Add ground beef and cook, stirring often until brown.
- Add salt, pepper. Stir.
- Add cooked ground beef to Crock-Pot®.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients. Stir well.
- Cook on LOW setting for 6 to 8 hours or on LOW setting for 4 to 5 hours. Cooking time may wary depending on your slow cooker.
- Serve topped with shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, chopped avocado and tortilla chips.
~~~~~~~~ Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Crock-Pot® brand. All text, photographs and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting brands that make this blog possible.