Cranberry Orange Sour Cream Bars recipe – easy dessert idea for the holidays! These sour cream bars with orange and cranberry jam swirls baked on a cookie crust will look festive on any holiday table.
The holiday season is here! It’s the time to dress up the house with Christmas decorations, whip up a batch of hot cocoa, turn up the volume on our favorite holiday song playlist and make memories. Food is such a big part of the holidays, and today I am partnering with Daisy Sour Cream to bring you this fantastic dessert recipe that is festive, delicious and so easy – you can have your kiddos help you make it! These Cranberry Orange Sour Cream Bars are the perfect sweet treat for your holiday table.
Sour cream bars are one of my very favorite desserts to make. I made the pumpkin version, caramel apple version, white chocolate cranberry version and now this Cranberry Swirl Orange version that is my favorite to date! The cranberry orange flavor combo is so perfect for this dessert recipe. I used my homemade cranberry jam that is so easy to make and enjoy throughout the season. The orange flavor is not only in the sweet sour cream filling but also in the crust! I added half of the freshly grated orange zest to the crust mixture and I love how it turned out!
My kids are always very involved in the holiday preparations. There is not one dessert that I make without their help. My sweet little boy had so much fun helping me make these bars.
Buttery crust with a hint of orange and the sweet sour cream filling with cranberry jam swirls make these bars a must-make holiday dessert. Every bite melts in your mouth.
Easy dessert idea for the holidays! These sour cream bars with orange and cranberry jam swirls baked on a cookie crust will look festive on any holiday table.
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted, cooled completely
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- Line 8" square baking pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together melted butter and sugar. Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, orange zest and salt and mix well. The dough should be thick.
- Press the crust dough onto the bottom of prepared pan. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together sour cream and sugar. Add flour, egg, orange juice and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Pour cheesecake mixture over the crust. Spread evenly. Drop teaspoons of cranberry jam onto the filling. Swirl gently with a knife.
- Bake bars for 34 to 36 minutes or until the center doesn't jiggle anymore and the top is golden.
Cool completely before slicing. Refrigerating at least 4 hours to overnight is recommended.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out! ~~~~~~~~~