Let me just say, the aroma of this bread is out of this world! You can smell it while it’s in the oven and I guarantee you that it will be hard to wait for it to cool down. ( By the way, don’t you just hate when something like this bread smell so delicious and you have to wait for it to cool down? ).
I used a butter rum flavoring oil in making this bread. You can simply use vanilla extract, but after making the eggnog truffles, the idea of using the same flavoring was irresistible to me.
This is a very easy recipe, as you will see. No special techniques or equipment needed. Not even a mixer!
Pair it with your morning coffee or afternoon tea and you will be filled with coziness and comfort.
Comfort baking is something I will be doing a lot this season and this recipe is perfect for Winter time.
Sweet and tarty bread with bananas and fresh cranberries. You will love a slice of this bread with a cup of tea.
- 3 overripe bananas mashed
- 1/3 c butter melted
- 3/4 c packed brown sugar
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp drops butter rum flavoring or 1 rum extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- cloves pinch of ground
- 1 1/2 c all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cranberries cut the bigger ones in half
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease the loaf pan. In a large mixing bowl, using a wooden spatula, add and combine the ingredients as listed above.
- Pour the batter into prepared pan and bake 1 hour or until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely and invert onto a cutting board.