Chocolate Mousse Mini Cheesecakes – quick and easy mini cheesecakes frosted with chocolate mousse and garnished with chopped nuts or fresh fruit!
Our Mother’s Day Celebration continues with another delightful recipe and a fabulous giveaway!
Raise your hand if you love cheesecake! Yay! So many fans! Me too! And guess what? I am going to tell you how to make cheesecake in a cute mini form without committing to a big cake and a possibility of the top cracking.
Enter the Norpro Mini Cheesecake Pan. I recently received one from the lovely folks at BigKitchen to try. I am here to tell you….. I love it!! It’s so super easy to use and clean. It makes the most adorable mini cheesecakes ever! No cupcake wrappers needed! But wait! This pan is not only for cheesecakes. You can make so many other things in it. Stay tuned for more recipes!! (Told ya I love this pan 🙂 ).
This pan gave me a perfect opportunity to make cheesecake treats for Mother’s Day. The recipe is very easy, does not use a ton of cream cheese, and the crust is my favorite shortbread crust (I also used it here and here). Now the toppings…. the toppings are limitless. I wanted indulgence without too much sugar. Rich, satisfying and adorable! I wanted to make the 2-Ingredient Chocolate Mousse again and this was the perfect opportunity. It doesn’t have any added sugar. It’s just chocolate, water and vanilla. I also added a 1/5 tablespoon of milk to cut down the richness a little bit and make it more spreadable. Top the mousse with chopped hazelnuts and you are good to go!
One gorgeous treat that will satisfy your sweet tooth and will be the perfect finish to a date night or any celebration event.
The mini cheesecakes bake in 15 minutes and cool pretty fast too. Then you just push the bottom of each cup and release the cheesecake. So easy!
Add the toppings and you have the perfect dessert in no time!
- 8 oz package cream cheese , softened to room temperature
- 3/4 c granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 12 5/8 oz .chocolate ( I used 1 bar of Hershey’s Special Dark and semi-sweet chocolate chips and measured it out on a kitchen scale )
- 1 c water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp milk (optional)
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, brown sugar, soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add melted butter and mix until dough forms.
- Press the dough into the bottoms of cups in the pan, dividing equally. Set aside.
- Place all filling ingredients in a large mixing bowl of a stand mixer and mix until all combined.
- Pour over crust.
- Bake mini cheesecakes for 15 minutes. They will puff up but go down as they cool. Cool in the pan completely.
- Place chocolate and water in double boiler. Melt completely. Whisk till smooth.
- Transfer the melted chocolate into a large mixing bowl of a stand mixer. Whip for 4 to 5 minutes. In the meantime, fill a very large pot or mixing bowl with a cold water. Fill it only 1/4 of the way up.
- Turn of the mixer and place the mixer bowl in the cold water bath. Make sure no water gets inside.
- Leave it for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the mixer bowl back into the mixer base. Whip the chocolate mousse until lighter in color and stiff like frosting. Add vanilla slowly and continue whipping.
- Chill the mousse thoroughly (at least 2 hours). It will harden up. To soften it up to a spreadable consistency, place back in the mixer bowl and whip adding the milk.
- Decorate the mini cheesecakes. Top with chopped hazelnuts.
- Serve chilled.