Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Rolls – fluffy and soft rolls with chocolate cinnamon filling. The best rolls you will ever make!
CHOCOLATE CHIP CINNAMON ROLLS
A whole pan of super fluffy and soft cinnamon rolls, filled with chocolate and drizzled or smothered with cream cheese frosting! These rolls are crowned by my Hubby and the kids as the BEST CINNAMON ROLLS I have ever made. And I totally agree! Even if they didn’t have the chocolate in them – this recipe is a total keeper! You have to try it and then never go back.
Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Rolls Ingredients:
- active dry yeast
- brown sugar
- chocolate chips
- cream cheese
- powdered sugar
How to make Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Rolls?
- Whisk together 1.25 cup of flour and yeast.
- Heat up milk, sugar and butter and drizzle slowly to the flour mixture, mixing with a mixer.
- Beat in egg. Beat the mixture for 3 minutes.
- Add the rest of the flour on low speed.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface. Place in an oiled bowl, cover and let rise until doubled in size.
- Punch the dough and place on the countertop. Roll into a rectangle, brush with melted butter, sprinkle with brown sugar. Top with cinnamon and chocolate chips. Roll up the dough, starting on the long side.
- Cut into 1.5-inch disk. Place them in a baking pan, leaving space between rolls.
- Let them rise covered, in a warm oven and they should fill the empty spaces.
- Bake until golden brown.
- Prepare the glaze and drizzle over rolls. Serve warm.
The best fluffy and soft rolls with chocolate cinnamon filling.
- 3 1/4 - 3 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2.5 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter , room temperature
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 Tbsp butter , melted
- 2/3 cup milk or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 oz cream cheese , softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 5 tbsp half and half or milk
In a bowl of your stand mixer, whisk together 1 1/4 cup of flour and yeast.
In a medium saucepan, heat together milk, sugar, butter and 3/4 tsp salt until warm ( not hot! ) and the butter is almost melted.
Add the milk butter mixture along with egg to flour yeast mixture. Beat on low for 30 seconds.
Increase the speed to high and beat 3 minutes.
Decrease the speed to low and slowly add the rest of the flour.
Transfer the dough onto your counter top, lightly dusted with flour. Knead until smooth and elastic.
Place in a large bowl greased with oil. Turn the dough few times in the bowl to coat it with the oil. Cover with kitchen towel.
Place in a warm and draft-free place. ( see notes for tip )
Let rise until almost doubled in size, about 30 to 40 min.
Punch the dough down. Transfer the dough onto counter top. Let rest for 10 minutes.
Roll out the dough into a 1/4 inch thick rectangle, slightly longer than your pan. Brush with melted butter. Do not over-saturate the dough. You may have some butter leftover. Set it aside.
Sprinkle brown sugar over the buttered dough.
Sprinkle cinnamon over the sugar.
Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the dough. Press gently into the dough.
Roll the dough, starting from the longest side. Roll it tight. When you get to the end, use the rest of the melted butter as a glue to close the seam.
Slice the roll into 1 to 1 1/2 inch thick disk. Place them in a 13" x 9" pan. Cover and let rest in a warm and draft-free place for 30 minutes, until doubled in size and there is no more space between the rolls.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and bake the rolls for 18 to 20 minutes or until the tops are golden brown.
Prepare the glaze by mixing cream cheese with milk and powdered sugar. Mix until smooth and drizzle over warm but not hot rolls.