Chocolate Chip Biscotti - crispy on the edges and filled with chocolate chips, this classic cookie is perfect served with a cup of freshly brewed coffee.
CHOCOLATE CHIP BISCOTTI
They are delicate and crunchy like a real biscotti should be. These biscotti are easy to make and do not require you to dedicate a whole afternoon to it. As I said, it's enough we have been robbed of an hour already. I went with this simple version that you can easily pair with your morning coffee, cappuccino or whatever makes your cup happy. Most biscotti recipes use all white sugar. I went all light brown to imitate the chocolate chip cookie. It's like a fancied-up version of it, in a biscotti form. 🙂 Me like!
Chocolate Chip Biscotti Ingredients:
- brown sugar
- baking powder
- chocolate chips
More Biscotti Recipes:
Chocolate Chip Biscotti
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter for 30 second. Add brown sugar and cream until fluffy.
- Add baking powder and salt and mix well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and vanilla. Beat well.
- Lower the speed of your mixer and add as much flour as you can. Stir the rest in.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer the biscotti dough onto the floured surface.
- Shape into a log and divide into two portions. Place both onto prepared baking sheets.
- Shape each portion into a 8" log.
- bake for 20 minutes or until cracked on top and just starting to brown.
- Remove from oven and cool for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Slice each log diagonally into 3/4" slices (you should get about 12 slices from each log).
- Place the slices onto a baking sheet laying them on their sides.
- Bake 10 minutes, then flip each piece onto other side. Bake additional 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.