We have been robbed. Robbed of an hour of time. Do you know how precious one hour is to the parents of three little kids? VEEEERY precious. It’s an additional hour of sleep. It’s an additional hour of bliss and peace.
For the last couple of days I’ve been a walking zombie…. “Walking Dead” has nothing on me. I could scare you just like that. Until I have my morning coffee. In peace. With my Hubby. Getting ready for the day.
I needed that one more hour!
Grumpiness aside. Let’s talk about food. That always makes me feel better. 🙂 Especially if there is chocolate involved.
I have found my new obsession. Biscotti.
Few weeks ago, I stopped by Aimees blog, Shugary Sweets, and she was sharing her newest biscotti recipe. It dawned on me that I have never tried making Biscotti. I have eaten it only once before too! I quickly added it to my ever growing to-bake list and couldn’t get it out of my head.
I had to make biscotti. I wanted to see how the twice baked Italian treats live up to their adorable name. Heck, it even sounds delicious!
Oh boy, am I glad I made them! They are delicate and crunchy, like a real biscotti should be. These biscotti are easy to make and do not require you to dedicate a whole afternoon to it. Like I said, it’s enough we have been robbed of an hour already.
I went with this simple version that you can easily pair with your morning coffee, cappuccino or whatever makes your cup happy. Most biscotti recipes use all white sugar. I went all light brown to imitate the chocolate chip cookie. It’s like a fancied up version of it, in a biscotti form. 🙂 Me like!
Look out for more biscotti recipes here on the blog. I hope you are a fan too! 🙂
Delicious biscotti filled with chocolate chips, for a perfect sweet treat with your coffee.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter for 30 second. Add brown sugar and cream until fluffy.
- Add baking powder and salt and mix well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and vanilla. Beat well.
- Lower the speed of your mixer and add as much flour as you can. Stir the rest in.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer the biscotti dough onto the floured surface.
- Shape into a log and divide into two portions. Place both onto prepared baking sheets.
- Shape each portion into a 8" log.
- bake for 20 minutes or until cracked on top and just starting to brown.
- Remove from oven and cool for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Slice each log diagonally into 3/4" slices (you should get about 12 slices from each log).
- Place the slices onto a baking sheet laying them on their sides.
- Bake 10 minutes, then flip each piece onto other side. Bake additional 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.