The Best Easy Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe – classic Thanksgiving holiday side dish made easy! The praline topping is irresistible!
HOW TO MAKE SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE
The best sweet potato casserole has to have the right texture. It needs to melt in your mouth, be smooth and not watery or soggy. This dish cuts really easy and won’t run all over your plate. Cut peeled sweet potatoes into large chunks and place in a large pot. Cover with water and cook until done. Drain really well. You can also cook sweet potatoes in the Instant Pot ( which is my favorite method ), just like I did in this recipe. Next, mash potatoes really well, until the texture is smooth. Let the potatoes cool for a little bit before adding the rest of the ingredients. Hot potatoes with scramble the eggs. Add butter, sugar, vanilla and eggs and mix well. Spread mixture in a buttered casserole dish, prepare the topping and sprinkle on top. Bake the dish and if desired, top with mini marshmallows and place under broiler or back into the hot oven to toast them.
—->> SCROLL BELOW FOR PRINTABLE RECIPE.
MORE HOLIDAY SIDE DISH RECIPES:
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CRUNCHY CREAMY SWEET NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS RIGHT INTO YOUR INBOX!
PIN THIS RECIPE TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARD!
SHARE ON FACEBOOK
A classic Thanksgiving holiday side dish made easy! The praline topping is irresistible!
- Butter 2 quart casserole dish. Set aside.
- Peel and dice sweet potatoes. Cook in a pot with water until soft.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Once potatoes are cooked, drain and mash. Add butter, brown sugar, vanilla, salt and eggs. Mix well. Using a whisk helps. Spread potato mixture in prepared casserole dish. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, mix together sugar, flour, salt and nuts. Add melted butter and stir with a fork, until it forms crumbly dough.
- Sprinkle the topping over the mashed potatoes.
- Bake casserole for 25 minutes. If desired, add mini marshmallows. Place dish back in the oven and bake until the marshmallows are toasted, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Cool before serving.
To reheat a sweet potato casserole, preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Cover the dish with aluminum foil, to prevent the brown sugar pecan topping from burning, and bake for about 15 minutes.