Truly the best Banana Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting. Comes together in one bowl, no mixer needed!
THE BEST BANANA CAKE
Sharing this cake with you all makes me incredibly proud. Not because it is THE BEST banana cake you will ever eat but because I made it with my oldest daughter. She did most of the work. Hello, smashing bananas and mixing the batter. Hello spreading the peanut butter frosting, licking the beaters. Hello, sprinkling the chopped Whoppers over the top. What kid wouldn't like to have fun like this in the kitchen?
She was incredibly proud to serve this cake to everyone and demanded that it will appear on the blog. 🙂 She knows it will be a huge hit for everyone that will make it. It's been declared her favorite cake and she wants to make it again! So here it is. The best banana cake with peanut butter frosting. If you like bundt cakes, you will love my Banana Bundt Cake with Chocolate Glaze!
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST BANANA CAKE?
Preheat the oven and grease and flour a 13" x 9" pan. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, soda and salt.
In another large mixing bowl, mix together with an electric mixer, bananas, buttermilk, oil and vanilla.
Add dry ingredients and beat on low just until combined.
Add eggs and beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
Pour the batter into the pan. Smooth out the top.
Bake for 30 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in few places comes out clean.
Cool cake completely in the pan before frosting.
MORE CAKE RECIPES:
Banana Bundt Cake with Chocolate Glaze
THE BEST BANANA CAKE WITH PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING RECIPE:
The Best Banana Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting
!for the cake:
- 2 and ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 c granulated sugar
- ½ c packed light brown sugar
- 1 and ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 c mashed ripe bananas about 2
- ¾ c buttermilk
- ½ c vegetable or canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs room temperature
!for the frosting:
- 2 c sifted confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- ¼ c + 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
!for the topping:
- 1 c chopped Whoppers
!to make the cake:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour a 13" x 9" pan. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, soda and salt.
- In another large mixing bowl, mix together with an electric mixer, bananas, buttermilk, oil and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients and beat on low just until combined.
- Add eggs and beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour the batter into the pan. Smooth out the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in few places comes out clean.
- Cool cake completely in the pan before frosting.
!to make the frosting:
- With an electric mixer, beat sugar and both butters until crumbly.
- Add vanilla and cream and beat until smooth.
- Increase the speed to medium high and beat for 3 minutes until fluffy.
- Spread over the cool cake.
- Top with chopped Whoppers.
I loved this cake. I made it with 3 bananas, because I love bananas and it came out amazing.
Thank you for this great recipe!
Well I saw a lot of comments about how good the cake looked so I thought I would try making it. And it was a huge success, the whole house loved it.
Laura Dembowski says
Pb and banana is my favorite combo. Love it in this cake!
Ashley - Baker by Nature says
Omg, Anna, this cake was already such a winner, but with the whoppers on top?! I'm in love!
It was my daughter's idea 🙂 Thanks, Ashley!
Laura@baking in pyjamas says
I love Malteasers and with banana, yum yum yum! (malteasers are our versions of your whoppers)
Caroline Hurley says
This really does look like the best banana cake ever! I love that candy topping! We have a bowlful of those right now from Halloween! I think I know where they're headed! 🙂
How fun! 🙂 Thank you, Caroline!
Allie|Baking a Moment says
I love the combo of flavors here! So sweet that your daughter helped... I love when my boys want to hang out & bake with me 🙂
Isn't it fun? 🙂 Thank you, Allie!
Jennie @themessybakerblog says
It sounds like you the two of you had so much fun together. This really is the best banana cake. I mean, it has everything a banana cake should have. Pinned!
We love to bake together! Thanks, Jennie and thanks for the pin!
I love that this has such a great memory tied to it. Banana and peanut butter together is one of my favorite things...there's something so comforting and nostalgic about it. This version looks perfect!
I am so glad you like it, Courtney! Thanks!
Great idea for my hubby's bday cake!
Thank you, Colette!
Stacy | Wicked Good Kitchen says
Tremendous! Anna, your banana cake looks super moist and delish! I just adore anything malt or malted, too. Fabulous idea! Pinning...of course! xo
Thank you, Stacy!
cathy pollak @ Noble Pig says
I love the whoppers topping, how cool is this! A showstopper really.
Thank you, Cathy!
Curry and Comfort says
What a good looking cake.. and I love the whopper topping. 🙂 We have got a lot of Halloween whoppers... this will be a nice way to use them up. Mmmmmm. 🙂
Thank you, Ramona!