Baked Apple Chips – a healthy and delicious snack that everyone loves! And it’s so easy to make!
Happy First Day of Fall!!
My favorite season is officially here! Finally! We had a great summer but I am definitely ready for fall. Bring on the boots and sweaters and pumpkins! We even got a little crafty and made cute home decor that’s been displayed proudly for the past week. My girls are making fall inspired paintings and I am baking pumpkin scones. By the way, did you see our latest #SundayMorningFor2 post on Instagram? Fall mornings are our favorite!
With fall comes apple season and I couldn’t be more excited! Apples are a staple in our house, for munching on while reading books, as a great snack for the kids while running errands and of course, perfect for my baking projects. This cake from last year is still my favorite!
If there is one apple treat I remember well from my childhood is my Grandma’s apple chips. She made the best ones and always had a bag of them for us when we came to visit!
Now, I make apple chips for my kiddos and they love them. It’s a healthy snack that I feel good about giving to my kids.
The only tip here is to make the slices really thin. They will bake quicker and be nice and crispy. Also, I recommend coring the apples before slicing. My kids definitely like the cored apple chips better. You can sprinkle the apple chips with cinnamon sugar just before baking or just baked the slices plain.
- 2 apples I used gala
- 2 Tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees F.
- Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- Slice apples thin.
- Arrange slices on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes. Flip the chips onto the other side and bake for 20 minutes more.
- Turn off the oven and leave the apple chips inside for another hour, with the door closed.
- The chips should be dry but they will dry even more as they cool after they are removed from the oven.
- Store in an air-tight container.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet or #crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out!