Apple Pie Bars – easy apple dessert made with a brown sugar crust and topping and cinnamon sugar-coated apple slices. You will love how delicious these bars are!
APPLE PIE BARS
Recently, I received a message from one of my readers asking for an apple pie dessert that would not require making the traditional crust. She asked for a delicious apple pie like dessert yet easy. Apparently, the pie crust is scary not only for me but also for some of you. This simple dessert is my answer. The crust and topping are made from the same dough. It’s super easy, mixed in a bowl and absolutely fool-proof. It’s buttery and sweet. The filling is made of sweet cinnamon apple slices. When you toss the slices with sugar, cinnamon and lemon juice, the apples will release some juice. You need to add it all with the apple slices over the crust. It will create a caramel sauce that will bind the fruit.
Apple Pie Bars Ingredients:
- brown sugar
- all-purpose flour
- baking soda
- ground cinnamon
- ground nutmeg
- ground cloves
- 2 apples
- lemon juice
How to make Apple Pie Bars?
- to make the crust and topping mixture, combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir with a fork until they come together. Reserve 3/4 cup for the topping and press the rest onto the bottom of your baking pan.
- toss apple slices with lemon juice, cinnamon, cloves and brown sugar. Arrange over the crust.
- Sprinkle the topping layer over apples.
- Bake until the top is golden brown. Cool before slicing.
Can I double this recipe?
The recipe is easily doubled if you want to make it for a family get-together or to entertain a larger group of apple dessert lovers.
How to serve these bars?
You can drizzle caramel sauce over each slice just before serving. Try my Microwave Caramel Sauce! You will love it! Of course, vanilla ice cream is a classic topping for apple pie and it goes perfectly with these bars too!
More Crumb Bars Recipes:
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
Easy apple dessert made with a brown sugar crust and topping and cinnamon sugar-coated apple slices. You will love how delicious these bars are!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1.5 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 apples washed, peeled, cored and sliced thinly ( I used gala)
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- Line an 8" square baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, toss together apple slices with brown sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon and cloves. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together brown sugar, flour, soda, salt, cinnamon and cloves. Add melted butter and stir until mixture resemble crumbs.
- Reserve 3/4 of a cup of the mixture for the topping. Set aside.
- Press the remaining crumb mixture onto the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Arrange apple slices in rows over the crust. Pour the juices from the bowl over the apples.
- Sprinkle the apple slices with the reserved crumb topping.
- Bake the bars for 23 to 25 minutes or until the topping is golden brown.
- Let cool completely in the pan.
- Slice and serve.
- Refrigerate the leftovers for up to 2 days.