Truly the best Banana Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting. Topped with chopped Whoppers just for fun!
Sharing this cake with you all makes me incredibly proud. Not because it is THE BEST banana cake you will ever eat but because I made it with my oldest daughter. She did most of the work. Hello, smashing bananas and mixing the batter. Hello spreading the peanut butter frosting, licking the beaters. Hello sprinkling the chopped Whoppers over the top. What kid wouldn’t like to have fun like this in the kitchen?
She was incredibly proud to serve this cake to everyone and demanded that it will appear on the blog. 🙂 She knows it will be a huge hit for everyone that will make it. It’s been declared her favorite cake and she wants to make it again!
So here it is. The best banana cake with peanut butter frosting. Chopped Whoppers are just for fun, especially around this time of year when we all seem to have an abundance of candy.
The banana cake is the best simply because it has the perfect balance of banana flavor. It’s moist, has perfect height, lovely speckles from the fruit and the peanut butter frosting is an ideal finishing touch. You could also use this chocolate frosting if a banana+chocolate combo is more desired.
- 2 c sifted confectioners' sugar
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- 1/4 c + 1 Tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1 c chopped Whoppers
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour a 13" x 9" pan. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, soda and salt.
- In another large mixing bowl, mix together with an electric mixer, bananas, buttermilk, oil and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients and beat on low just until combined.
- Add eggs and beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour the batter into the pan. Smooth out the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in few places comes out clean.
- Cool cake completely in the pan before frosting.
- With an electric mixer, beat sugar and both butters until crumbly.
- Add vanilla and cream and beat until smooth.
- Increase the speed to medium high and beat for 3 minutes until fluffy.
- Spread over the cool cake.
- Top with chopped Whoppers.
Check out my other banana cake: