Breakfast Omelet Cheesy Garlic Bread – easy cheesy garlic bread topped with scrambled eggs, bacon, ham, peppers, mushrooms and plenty of cheese! Breakfast just became fun!
Hi Friends! I am so excited to share today’s recipe with you! It might be the prettiest one from all of the cheesy breads we made and shared here with you. It’s a breakfast version!
Remember when I shared this Philly Cheese Steak Cheesy Bread and said my Hubby and I actually had it for dinner? Well, our kids didn’t like the steak in it so I had to make something more kid friendly for them. I took one of their favorite food, eggs, and got the inspiration to make this breakfast omelet topped bread.
Oh my! Was this bread a huge hit or what!! Our kids LOVED it! They couldn’t praise this idea enough with their mouths full! Can you blame them? Look at this cheesy goodness!
This bread has everything we love in an omelet or scrambled eggs breakfast: eggs cooked to perfection (more tips about it later), bacon, ham, mushrooms, green peppers, tomatoes and of course lots of cheese. This bread is topped high! It is bursting with flavor in each and every bite. The fact that it’s a bread you slice makes it a perfect finger food and also makes for a fun breakfast dish.
Love breakfast for dinner aka brinner? This bread is PERFECT for it! The whole family will love it and beg for more! It’s super easy and quick to make and the whole loaf will easily feed a family of four or five, if you have small children, like we do.
Make it for breakfast, lunch or dinner! It’s the perfect solution for a busy day when you want something quick yet fun!
My tips for perfect scrambled eggs: do not stir them constantly while cooking; once in a while and starting around the edges, gently lifting with a spatula. Also, add the milk at the end. It prevents from drying.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CRUNCHY CREAMY SWEET NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS RIGHT INTO YOUR INBOX!
PIN THIS RECIPE TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARD!
SHARE ON FACEBOOK
- 1 loaf of Italian bread
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter , melted
- 1 to 1.5 tsp garlic powder
- 6 large eggs , beaten
- 2 Tablespoons whole milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 3/4 cup sliced white mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chopped ham
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped tomato (I used Roma)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 4 slices bacon , fried or baked, broken into large pieces
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cook bacon in the oven or fry it up in a pan.(I always cook bacon in the oven. Simply place bacon on a rack lined baking sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until nice and crispy.) Set on a paper towel to drain the grease. Set aside.
- Cut the bread lengthwise and place both parts face up on the sheet.
- Brush both pieces with melted butter. Sprinkle with garlic powder.
- Cover with a piece of aluminum foil and place in the oven.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- In the meantime, melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a pan. Add mushrooms and ham. Cook until mushrooms are soft and hams is slightly browned. Transfer onto a plate. Set aside.
- To the same pan, add more butter and melt. Add eggs and green pepper.
- At the end, when the eggs are almost completely set, add the milk and gently stir up. It prevents the eggs from drying out. Season with salt and pepper.
- Uncover bread. Top with eggs, spreading them evenly.
- Top with half of the mozzarella cheese.
- Add mushrooms and ham, spreading evenly.
- Top with bacon.
- Top with remaining mozzarella cheese and cheddar cheese.
- Place bread back in the oven for 2 to 4 more minutes, to melt the cheese.
- Remove from the oven and place on a cutting board. Let cool for few minutes.
- Top with fresh, chopped tomatoes and chopped green onions.
- Slice and serve.