Super easy breakfast skillet for the chilly mornings!
Raise your hand if you like easy breakfast skillet bakes!
Now, raise your hand if you would love to win the Signature Skillet from Le Creuset!
Fabulous! Looks we are going to have fun with this post! 🙂
Let’s talk about this breakfast skillet idea first. I’ve made it countless times now and it’s one of those breakfast that we love on the weekends. The prep time couldn’t be easier or shorter and the final result more delicious. We are talking hash browns, ham and cheese!
This is a perfect breakfast idea for Christmas as you could use the leftover ham. You can use any cheese you like, as long as it melts well. I used Provolone and it was great! For garnish, we loved the roasted red pepper and green onions. They add color and even more flavor to this fantastic dish.
- 3 c frozen hash browns
- 3/4 c shredded Pepper Jack or cheddar cheese (I used Provolone)
- 1 and 1/2 c chopped ham
- 4 large eggs
- 1 and 1/2 c whole milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 c chopped green onions
- 1/2 c chopped roasted red pepper
- Grease a cast iron skillet.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Arrange hush browns evenly on the bottom of the skillet.
- Sprinkle with cheese and ham.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Add salt and pepper and whisk again.
- Pour over the ham and potatoes.
- Bake for 40 to 43 minutes until set.
- Garnish with pepper and onions.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Recipe just slightly adapted from Better Homes and Garden Cookbook