Taco Stuffed Pasta Shells Recipe – cheesy jumbo pasta shells filled with taco beef and baked with salsa sauce. It’s taco night and pasta night in one delicious dinner!
TACO STUFFED PASTA SHELLS
The cheesy stuffed pasta shells are back on the menu! This time they are full of Mexican flavors. These Taco Stuffed Pasta Shells are flavorful, colorful and cheesy! A recipe for dinner time success!
One of the most popular recipes on my blog in 2016 were Spinach and Ricotta Stuffed Pasta Shells. I received a lot of messages and comments from you that made them and loved them. With the new year still being quite fresh, I decided to make the pasta shells again but with totally different flavor combinations. They turned out even better than I imagined!
HOW TO MAKE TACO STUFFED PASTA SHELLS?
- To make these, you will need 1 pound of ground beef, cooked with taco seasoning. I always add a can of rinsed black beans to the taco beef, but you can skip it.
- Next, fill cooked and cooled pasta shells with the mixture.
- Spread sauce mixture on the bottom of the casserole dish. Arrange shells over sauce. Top with more sauce and cheese (I used a combo of cheddar cheese and Monterey Jack).
- Bake until the dish is bubbly and the cheese melted. Top with chopped fresh tomatoes, green onions, avocados and serve with sour cream and tortilla chips. Feel free to use your favorite toppings.
CAN I MAKE STUFFED SHELLS AHEAD OF TIME?
This dish can be made ahead of time and refrigerated or frozen. Top with cheese just before baking. Serve with your favorite taco toppings and even tortilla chips. It’s taco night and pasta night all in one! And absolutely delicious!
MORE EASY DINNER RECIPES:
TACO STUFFED PASTA SHELLS RECIPE:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 pkg taco seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 15 jumbo pasta shells
- 1 and 1/4 cup crushed tomatoes
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1 and 1/2 cup shredded cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 Roma tomatoes chopped
- 4 green onions chopped
Cook pasta shells according to instructions on the package. Drain. Place on a large plate. Cool slightly.
In a large saucepan, heat up olive oil. Add garlic and saute for 2 minutes, stirring often. Add ground beef and cook until done, stirring often. Add taco seasoning, salt and pepper. Add water and simmer for 5 minutes. Add black beans, if using. Stir and cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Mix crushed tomatoes and salsa. Spread 3/4 of the sauce on the bottom of 13" by 9" casserole dish. Fill pasta shells with meat mixture and arrange over the sauce. Top with remaining sauce. Top with cheese. Bake for 18 minutes or until the dish is bubbly and the cheese is melted.
Serve pasta shells topped with chopped fresh tomatoes and green onions. Use your favorite taco toppings.