Sheet Pan Stir Fry is the easiest way to make a quick stir fry at home. You only need three ingredients: chicken, vegetables, and sauce. Bake it without the mess on one sheet pan!
Why This Recipe Works
Dinner time just got easier! This one-pan chicken stir fry is so quick to prep and bake, it's perfect for busy weekdays or if you simply need an easy meal. Everything cooks together on one sheet pan in the oven, in just 15 minutes. I serve it with rice. Leftover sauce can be simmered until thick and drizzled over the finished dish. This recipe is quick, easy, and delicious!
- chicken: breast or thighs; cut into bite-size pieces;
- broccoli: fresh since it will be roasting;
- onion: I used yellow onion but white or red works too;
- garlic: fresh, minced, or jarred;
- peppers: colorful bell peppers cut into strips;
- sauce: I used my homemade stir fry sauce.
How to make sheet pan stir fry?
- Chop veggies and chicken.
- Make stir fry sauce.
- Arrange everything on an oiled sheet pan. I sprayed mine with olive oil cooking spray.
- Drizzle half of the stir fry sauce over the ingredients and stir in. I top the chicken with minced garlic.
- Bake until the chicken is done and the veggies are tender.
- Simmer the remaining sauce until it thickens and serve over the finished dish.
I always go for broccoli florets, onions and bell peppers. You can add sugar snap peas, water chestnuts, mushrooms, thinly sliced carrots, and others.
Absolutely! The air fryer is a perfect choice, especially during summer, when you don't want to heat up the house. Cut the cooking time by half. Check if the chicken is done and cook for 2 to 3 minutes more if needed.
Any leftovers should be stored in a container with a lid, in the fridge, for up to 4 days. To reheat, place in a skillet and heat up, over medium-low heat, with more stir fry sauce.
More easy Asian dinner recipes:
If you like this recipe and make it, let me know in the comments below! Don't forget to rate it if you enjoyed it!
Sheet Pan Stir Fry
for the stir fry:
- 1 lb chicken breast or thighs but into bite-size pieces
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- ½ red bell pepper cut into strips
- ½ green bell pepper cut into strips
- ½ yellow or orange bell pepper cut into strips
for the sauce:
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Chop veggies and chicken.
- In a small bowl or glass measuring cup, whisk together the sauce ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Spray a large baking sheet with olive oil cooking spray.
- Arrange veggies and chicken on the pan.
- Drizzle half of the stir fry sauce over the ingredients and stir in. Top the chicken with minced garlic.
- Bake until the chicken is done and veggies are tender, 15 to 18 minutes.
- Simmer the remaining sauce in a small pan or cook in the microwave for 1 to 2 minutes, until it thickens and serve over finished dish.
- Please note, that the nutrition value can vary depending on what product you use. The information below is an estimate. Always use calorie counter you are familiar with.
- Use chicken breast or thighs. Cut it into bite-size pieces for even cooking.
- Fresh or jarred garlic can be used.
This was super easy but the sauce was kind of bland and thin. I don’t know what I could’ve done wrong because I followed the recipe exactly. After pulling it out of the oven I realized how diluted it was so I made a double batch of the sauce without the added water, cooked it in a saucepan until it thickened and it was better but still not like I think it should have been. I will make it again but leave the water out of it completely and see what happens.
I am a huge fan of stir fry and this is by far my favorite recipe! It's quick and delicious! Thank you so much for sharing!
I am so happy you love it! Thank you, Audrey!
Ashley F says
Sheet pan meals are the best! So easy to put together and to clean up! Loved the flavors!
Absolutely! Perfect for busy weekdays!
Rachael Yerkes says
My favorite way to make stir fry! This is the best!
Sheet pan dinners are such a life saver! This one is so full of flavor, the family loved it!
Thank you, Wilhelmina!