Restaurant Style Salsa – made fresh in just minutes!
Recently, my Husband and I realized something. It will be a long long time before we can go together to a restaurant and actually enjoy the meal. Not inhale it quickly before one of the kids will decide to have a tantrum. Then we are asked how was your food and it takes us a moment to even figure out what we ate! Crazy! Sometimes I feel like I have only half of my brain – being in kids land 24/7 is exhausting.
We don’t want to give up our favorite dishes so I decided to learn how to make them myself. I have a list of dishes from Chili’s, Olive Garden and Outback. I’ made my very favorite Monterey Chicken the other night and it was absolutely amazing!! But that’s for another post.
This salsa, that reminds us of the salsa from Chili’s was right there, on top of the list. It took me just minutes to whip it up and it was perfect! Just place the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until it reaches the desired consistency. Next time you are craving salsa or simply need it for your dinner – try this Chili’s copycat recipe. It’s fantastic!
- 2 cans diced tomatoes one drained, 14oz.
- 2 jalapenos seeded, quartered
- 1/4 c diced yellow onion
- 1/2 c diced green bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 c fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp lemon or lime juice
- Place tomatoes, jalapenos, onion, pepper, garlic and cilantro in food processor. Pulse 5 to 6 times or until desired consistency.
- Add cumin, garlic salt, sugar and lime juice. Pulse 2 times. Taste and add more spice if needed.
- Chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
The total time reflects chilling time also.
Recipe source: Crunchy Creamy Sweet.
This post contains an affiliate link.