These soft and chewy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies are thick and filled with melting chocolate morsels. It’s peanut butter blossoms and chocolate chip cookies made into one!
If you love my Soft and Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies with the crunchy sugar exterior, you will love this chocolate-filled version.
Peanut butter cookies with melty chocolate chips or chunks, fresh out of the oven and still warm will always make me swoon. They are soft, chewy and have the perfect balance of peanut butter and semi-sweet chocolate. These Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies are a combination of peanut butter blossoms and soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies. They are very easy to make and perfect for peanut butter chocolate combo fans.
- unsalted butter
- creamy peanut butter
- granulated sugar
- brown sugar
- vanilla extract
- all-purpose flour
- baking soda
- semi-sweet chocolate chunks or chips
How to make peanut butter chocolate chunk cookies?
Start by creaming softened butter and peanut butter together with a hand mixer. Add both sugars and beat until light and fluffy. Mix in egg and vanilla.
Next, whisk dry ingredients. Add to butter and sugar mixture in 3 additions, mixing just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips or chunks. Chill the dough for at least 2 hours.
Scoop dough into balls and place on baking sheets. Bake cookies for 8 to 9 minutes.
Do I need to chill the cookie dough?
I highly recommend chilling this dough for the best results. Simply cover the bowl with cookie dough with saran wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour. You can also scoop the dough into balls, place on a large baking sheet close together, freeze, then place in a ziploc bag and keep in the freezer for up to 6 months. When you are craving cookies, you can bake as many as you need.
Bleached vs. unbleached flour:
I tested a few of my cookie recipes with both flours and there was a big difference in the final results. Unbleached flour will cause the cookies to spread and have crispy edges, sometimes once the cookies cooled they were too hard. Bleached flour works the best here. The cookies will be thick, soft, and chewy.
More delicious cookies recipes:
- Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies (3 ingredients only!)
- Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Cookies
- Soft and Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose bleached flour see note
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1.5 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips or chunks
- In a large mixing bowl, cream softened butter and peanut butter together with a hand mixer. Mix for 30 seconds. Add both sugars and beat for 3 minutes until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and mix just until combined.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, salt and baking soda. Add to butter and sugar mixture in 3 additions, mixing just until combined. Add chocolate chips or chunks to the cookie dough. Cover the bowl with dough and place in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Scoop 1.5 tablespoon size balls of dough, roll in your hands into balls. Place on baking sheet, about 2" apart, and bake for 8 to 9 minutes. Cool on sheet for 3 to 5 minutes, then remove onto a cooling rack.