Peanut butter and Jelly Cookies to enjoy one of the most popular flavor combinations! This super easy recipe for the best sandwich cookies will quickly become your family's favorite!
PEANUT BUTTER JELLY COOKIES
Knowing my kids obsession with anything peanut butter & jelly, I should have expected that these cookies will be a hit in our family. My Hubby and I are huge fans of this combo too. So you can only imagine how fast these sandwich cookies disappeared! These are so far the best peanut butter sandwich cookies I have ever made or tried. And the filling itself is so good, you will want to save some to eat it with a spoon! They are a perfect after-school snack or a sweet surprise for lunch boxes. And if you are an adult, let your inner kid out and enjoy these too! I need to try this idea with our popular Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies, that require only 3 ingredients!
HOW TO MAKE PEANUT BUTTER JELLY COOKIES?
Preheat the oven and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a medium mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, beat together both butters until smooth. Add both sugars and beat until well combined. Add egg and vanilla and beat until smooth.
With the mixer on low, add the flour mixture. Stir in oats with a wooden spoon.
Scoop a tablespoon size mounds of dough onto prepared baking sheet and flatten gently with a back of the spoon.
Bake the cookies until the edges start to brown.
Cool cookies on the sheet.
MORE COOKIES RECIPES:
Soft and Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies
Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Cookies
Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
PEANUT BUTTER AND JELLY COOKIES RECIPE:
Peanut butter and Jelly Cookies
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter
- ½ packed light brown sugar
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup old-fashioned oats
!for the filling:
- ½ cup confectioners' sugar
- ¼ cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 tablespoon milk
- ⅓ cup jelly of your choice
!to make the cookies:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together both butters until smooth. Add both sugars and beat until well combined.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- With the mixer on low, add the flour mixture.
- Stir in oats with a wooden spoon.
- Scoop a tablespoon size mounds of dough onto prepared baking sheet and flatten gently with a back of the spoon.
- Bake the cookies for 10 to 12 minutes or until the edges start to brown.
- Cool cookies on the sheet for 1 minute, then gently transfer onto a cooling rack.
!to make the filling:
- Mix all ingredients with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Spread 2 teaspoons of the filling on half of the cookies.
- Spread the jelly on the other half of the cookies. Place them on the peanut butter filling topped cookies.
Laura Dembowski says
Love pb and j together in different forms. These cookies would disappear very quickly in my house!
These would DISAPPEAR if I made them, Anna! Unfortunately, they'd be disappearing into my mouth and reappearing on my waistline but it'd be worth every calorie!
Curry and Comfort says
PB&J.... that's just comfort in a cookie!! Love these. 🙂
Allie|Baking a Moment says
Who doesn't love pb&j? I'd love a handful of these for an afternoon snack. Drooling!
Involuntary Housewife says
I would love to hate you!! You are amazing and I keep telling myself that I should never read your blog again 😉 These look incredible and I know I am going to have to try them soon or I might die!
LOL This comment just made my day! xoxo
Stacy | Wicked Good Kitchen says
NOM! I adore everything PB and jelly or jam. Love this recipe and cannot wait to try. I think they would make a nice Christmas cookie, too! Love the photo...so inviting. Thanks for sharing, girl!
Thank you for the comment, Stacy!
Georgia The Comfort of Cooking says
This brings my favorite childhood sandwich to a whole new level! I could devour a dozen!
I am so glad you like it, Georgia! Thank you!
Betsy @ Desserts Required says
Peanut butter and jelly is one of my favorite combinations. I love the filling recipe and can't wait to give this one a try!
The filling is also great as a frosting!! Thank you, Betsy!
Tutti Dolci says
I still love PB&J, fab sandwich cookie!
Averie Cooks says
Come to mama! They look perfect! Pinned!
Thank you, Averie!
Love at first sight! I would inhale the entire batch... 😀
I like your thinking 🙂 Thanks, Kate!