The Molasses Cookies are the quintessential holiday cookies with all the best of holiday flavors: molasses, ginger and cinnamon!
When the holidays approach, I plan what cookies will make an appearance on our dessert platters. Molasses cookies are a must because they just scream Christmas to me! Just like my Perfect Sugar Cookies. They just need to happen.
These cookies have crispy edges and chewy center. They are full of delicious molasses flavor and the addition of cinnamon and ginger. The quintessential holiday cookie.
How do they taste?
These cookies have distinctive flavor thanks to molasses. They are rich, sweet and will remind you of gingerbread treats.
More Cookies Recipes:
MOLASSES COOKIES RECIPE:
Molasses Cookies recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 5 1/4 Tbsp unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsulphured molasses
- Line cookie sheet with silpat, parchment paper or aluminum foil. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients ( flour, soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon and cloves ). Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter for 30 seconds. Add both sugars and cream until light and fluffy.
- Add egg yolk, vanilla and molasses and beat until combined.
- Add dry ingredients and fold in until incorporated. Cover the dough and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Scoop the dough into a teaspoon size balls and roll in sugar. Place dough balls on prepared sheet. Do not flatten!
- Bake for 8 minutes. Let cool on the sheet for 1 minute. Gently transfer onto a cooling rack.