Lemon White Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe - soft and chewy cookies with lemon zest and white chocolate. Sweet and tangy and so easy to make!
To me, every season has it's scent. Summer smells like peaches, fall smells like cinnamon and winter smells like pine trees. Spring to me definitely has a scent of lemon. Freshly grated lemon zest is my favorite this time of year. I love adding it to my baking projects or simple pasta dishes. Few days ago I added it to my favorite roasted potatoes, then sliced the lemon and placed it over chicken right before baking. So good!
Today, I am sharing our favorite Spring cookie: Lemon White Chocolate Chip Cookies. Soft, chewy, tangy and sweet.
You may know by now that when it comes to cookies, I love when the recipe is easy. No waiting for the dough to chill and if I don't need to pull out my mixer - double win! This recipe is crazy easy. You mix all ingredients with a whisk or spatula. I am using melted butter so no need for mixer. If you prep all of the ingredients, your kids can do the mixing and scooping. So much fun!
These cookies came out so crazy good! I have to say, I just might be using melted butter in all of my cookies from now on. It makes for perfect cookie bars (see our video here). The cookies stay softer longer too. Besides, you can never beat the buttery crumb.
You can chill the dough if you like and the cookies will be slightly thicker but if you want cookies right away - bake them up!
Lemon White Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted, 1 stick
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- zest of 1 whole lemon
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 3,5 oz . pkg instant pudding mix OR 1 Tablespoon cornstarch vanilla or lemon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup and ¼ white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, pudding mix OR cornstarch and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk butter and both sugars until well combined, about 1 minute.
- Add vanilla and lemon zest. Whisk in.
- Add egg and whisk in well.
- Add dry ingredients and ½ cup of white chocolate chips and stir in with a spatula or wooden spoon.
- Scoop the dough with a regular cookie scoop (1,5 Tablespoon size). Roll into a ball in your hands. Press 5 to 6 chocolate chips on top and sides of the cookie. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat with all. Place cookies 2" apart on baking sheet. I bake 6 cookies on a sheet at a time.
- Bake cookies for 10 to 11 minutes. Cool on sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer onto cooling rack.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out!
Recipes from the web:
Lemon White Chocolate Gooey Bars from Life Love and Sugar
Lemon Lemonies from Averie Cooks
White Chocolate Raspberry Lemon Bars from Crazy for Crust
I adore lemon flavored desserts- these are beautiful, must-make cookies!
These sounds so good and they look absolutely perfect! I like using melted butter in my cookies too 🙂
Andi @ The Weary Chef says
Can't take my eyes off these gorgeous cookies! Definitely trying this! Thanks for sharing!
Amy Stafford says
I will have to try the melted butter idea because these look incredible.
Dorothy at Shockingly Delicious says
Lemon is the BEST flavor, good all throughout the year, in my humble opinion. From looking at all your lemon recipes, looks like you agree!
My mouth is watering just thinking about the lemon with the white chocolate --- pinning <3
These lemon white chocolate cookies look so perfectly baked! Love the flavor combination- it just screams spring, and I myself have a lemon/white chocolate dessert coming up, too! 🙂