Creamy Lemon Crumb Bars - one of the easiest and fun bars with a perfect citrus flavor!
I had only 20 seconds to photograph these bars. And that's not because of my kiddos who usually want to steal the treats I shoot. It was me. I wanted to devour the whole pan of this version of my favorite bars. Creamy lemon, aka my new weakness.
I have been on a lemon kick recently, hence the Creamy Lemon Asparagus Pasta recipe I shared this week. It was time to incorporate the lovely citrus into a dessert.
Enter my favorite crumbs bars recipe + Meyer lemons juice and zest.
These bars have the perfect sweet citrus flavor. They are not too tarty like a traditional lemon bars can be but have the perfect balance. You can use regular lemons or even limes. They are fantastic and bound to be a hit! I think they would be a great addition to your Easter menu. They are fun and easy to make!
Creamy Lemon Crumb Bars
!for the crust and topping:
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted, cooled to room temperature
- ½ cup packed light or dark brown sugar
- 1.5 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
!for the filling:
- 1 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- juice and zest from ½ lemon
- Line a 8" square baking pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the crust and topping ingredients. Reserve ¾ of a cup of the mixture for the topping.
- In another medium mixing bowl, mix all the filling ingredients with an electric mixer.
- Pat down the crust mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Pour the filling over the crust.
- Sprinkle the topping over the filling.
- Bake 25 to 28 minutes or until the topping is golden brown and the filling appears set. There should be no unbaked jiggly filling in the center.
- Cool completely before cutting.
Just made this and waiting for it to cool (which is not near fast enough)! I did sneak a tiny corner when taking it out of the pan. Oh, my goodness! What an easy and delicious recipe. Thank you so much! This is definitely a keeper.
Haha! I love that! The waiting is the worst! Thank you for making my recipe, Susan!
Tori DiVincenzo says
I love this recipe but I add 2 full lemons and 2 full lemon vest. It tastes so much fresher. I also add cinnamon to both the wet mixture and dry. Great job!
just made these ..I think next time I will use a whole lemon half doesn't seem enough ..otherwise they are very good and I will make again
I can't get enough lemon desserts right now! Your lemon bars look perfect!
Jessica |Portuguese Girl Cooks says
I love lemon bars and I love your creamy twist on it!
Chelsea@ chelseasmessyapron says
Could your photos be any more perfect?! These look and sound amazing! And I love crumb bars, I need to try this lemon version soon!
Citrusy bars are, hands down, the best! These look incredible!
Thank you, Cheri!
Curry and Comfort says
Lemon is one of my favorite flavors for desserts... these bars look amazing. 🙂
Thank you, my friend!
These look really wonderful, I love lemon in anything, and I just made a batch of lemon curd, I bet I could use that as a filling for these.
Let me know if you try it! Sounds fabulous!