Creamy Lemon Crumb Bars – one of the easiest and fun bars with a perfect citrus flavor!
I had only 20 seconds to photograph these bars. And that’s not because of my kiddos who usually want to steal the treats I shoot. It was me. I wanted to devour the whole pan of this version of my favorite bars. Creamy lemon, aka my new weakness.
I have been on a lemon kick recently, hence the Creamy Lemon Asparagus Pasta recipe I shared this week. It was time to incorporate the lovely citrus into a dessert.
Enter my favorite crumbs bars recipe + Meyer lemons juice and zest.
These bars have the perfect sweet citrus flavor. They are not too tarty like a traditional lemon bars can be but have the perfect balance. You can use regular lemons or even limes. They are fantastic and bound to be a hit! I think they would be a great addition to your Easter menu. They are fun and easy to make!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted, cooled to room temperature
- 1/2 cup packed light or dark brown sugar
- 1.5 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- juice and zest from 1/2 lemon
- Line a 8" square baking pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the crust and topping ingredients. Reserve 3/4 of a cup of the mixture for the topping.
- In another medium mixing bowl, mix all the filling ingredients with an electric mixer.
- Pat down the crust mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Pour the filling over the crust.
- Sprinkle the topping over the filling.
- Bake 25 to 28 minutes or until the topping is golden brown and the filling appears set. There should be no unbaked jiggly filling in the center.
- Cool completely before cutting.
PIN THIS RECIPE TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARD!
SHARE ON FACEBOOK