This Lemon Garlic Cauliflower Rice is made with just 4 ingredients! A perfect low-carb side dish that's bursting with flavor.
This is a great healthy option, just like my Mashed Cauliflower or the Cauliflower Fried Rice. You can use my homemade Cauliflower Rice or store-bought frozen rice.
One of my favorite dishes to make with cauliflower is to turn it into rice. Now, you can easily buy it frozen in stores. Either way, it's a great low-carb grain-free option instead of rice. It cooks faster, it's delicious and you can easily add flavor to it, depending on the dish you are making. I used lemon zest and garlic and it's bursting with flavors! You can serve it with any dish that calls for rice, add grilled vegetables or seafood for a light and healthy meal or use for meal prep.
- medium cauliflower head or ready-made cauliflower rice
- minced garlic
- parsley (fresh or dried)
- olive oil
- Start by grating cauliflower if you are making it from florets. If you are using the store-bought kind, check directions to see if it needs to be thawed before using.
- Heat up olive oil in skillet. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute. Add cauliflower rice and saute for 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in lemon zest and parsley.
- Add a tablespoon of fresh lemon juice if desired.
- Serve rice immediately or cool completely and refrigerate for up to 4 days or freeze for up to 1 month.
What to serve with this rice?
- This is a perfect side with any Asian dish. Check out our Asian category for recipes!
- Add grilled shrimp, chicken or pork chops.
- Serve with Garlic Parmesan Crusted Salmon.
- Add grilled vegetables for a vegetarian salad.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
Lemon Garlic Cauliflower Rice
- 1 medium cauliflower head or 3 cups cauliflower rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons parsley fresh or dried
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Cut cauliflower into florets, discarding the stems and leaves.
- Grate cauliflower on the big hole side of the grated.
- Heat up olive oil in skillet.
- Add garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add cauliflower rice and saute for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in lemon zest, lemon juice and parsley.
- Serve immediately, or cool completely and store in fridge for up to 5 days.
Can I prepare ahead of time and reheat?
How many servings does this recipe make?
We eat cauliflower rice all the time. I loved the flavor of lemon and garlic in this version!
Cheryl S says
So easy and delicious I could eat this at every meal!
Me too! Thanks Cheryl!
Aimee Shugarman says
Was the perfect side dish to our bbq chicken last night. Thanks for a great recipe!
Awesome! I am so glad it was a hit! Thanks, Aimee!
I have really learned to love cauliflower rice! I love the thought of lemon & garlic added. I am trying to eat healthier, so this will be added to the menu!
That's fantastic! Thanks, Kristyn!
This is such an easy side dish to add to any dinner. Love the flavor!