Jalapeno Popper Cheesy Garlic Bread – spicy take on our favorite cheesy garlic bread! You will love it! It’s the perfect game day food!
- 1 loaf of Italian bread
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup pickled jalapeno peppers divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 and 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the bread lengthwise and place both parts face up on the sheet.
- Brush both pieces with melted butter. Sprinkle with garlic powder.
- Cover with a piece of aluminum foil and place in the oven.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
In the meantime, chop half of the jalapeno slices. Reserve the rest to sprinkle on top.
In a medium mixing bowl, mix together cream cheese, sour cream, chopped jalapenos, salt and pepper.
- Remove the bread from the oven. Uncover.
- Spread the jalapeno dip mixture on the bread, dividing equally between the two pieces of bread.
- Top with cheese.
Arrange the reserved chopped jalapenos over the cheese.
- Place bread back in the oven for 2 to 4 more minutes, to melt the cheese. (see note)
- Remove from the oven and place on a cutting board. Let cool for few minutes.
- Slice and serve.
Note: We like our cheese so melted that it starts to brown. I place the bread under the broiler set on low setting and broil for 20 seconds. Watch the bread while melting the cheese and remove from oven as soon as it reaches the desired look
For the overview of the recipe, click HERE.
Check out our new video of the Jalapeno Popper Bread and subscribe to our channel! –>>