Hot Cocoa Muddy Buddies Recipe – rice cereal coated with milk chocolate and tossed in hot cocoa mix! Quick and easy snack idea to munch on this winter!
This post is sponsored by Swiss Miss.
Muddy Buddies aka Puppy Chow is a family favorite snack here. Especially during the holidays and through the winter. It’s easy and so versatile! You can have a different flavor version each day! This Hot Cocoa Muddy Buddies version is my current favorite. It’s quite addicting and crazy easy to whip up a whole batch.
Today, I am partnering with Swiss Miss to share this recipe using the Swiss Miss Milk Chocolate Hot Cocoa Mix. I always have a box in my pantry. Now, you can by the value pack with 30 envelopes! Perfect for the snowed-in days when you are craving a tall mug of hot cocoa and to make this snack mix.
HOW TO MAKE MUDDY BUDDIES
Muddy Buddies is a cute name for a rice or corn cereal snack. Simply, melt any kind of chocolate you like ( semi-sweet, milk or white or even butterscotch chips ) with a teaspoon of vegetable oil. Pour mixture over cereal and stir until each piece is well coated. It’s even better if the chocolate fills the inside of each cereal piece. Then, toss the chocolate coated cereal with powdered sugar. Spread on a large baking sheet and let dry.
For this recipe, I added Swiss Miss Hot Cocoa Mix to powdered sugar and tossed in the milk chocolate coated cereal. Serve with mini marshmallows for an adorable and addicting treat! Perfect to fill treats bags with and share with friends and family.
Swiss Miss invites you to enjoy their Hot Cocoa Mix beyond the classic cup of hot cocoa. There are so many ways of using it in recipes ( pancakes, oatmeal, cookies, etc. ). For more inspiration, visit Swiss Miss website. Pick up a box of value pack Swiss Miss Hot Cocoa mix and share your #SwissMissMoments.
HOT COCOA MUDDY BUDDIES RECIPE:
Hot Cocoa Muddy Buddies recipe
- 4 cups rice or corn cereal
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 packets Swiss Miss Hot Cocoa Mix
- Place cereal in a large mixing bowl.
- In a mixrowave safe dish, combine chocolate chips and oil. Microwave in 20 second intervals, stirring between each, until melted and smooth.
- Pour chocolate over cereal and gently stir with a spatula, until each pieces is coated.
- Add powdered sugar and hot cocoa mix into a large ziploc bag. Add cereal to bag, close tight and toss until each pieces is coated.
- Place cereal on a large baking sheet and let dry.
- Serve with mini marshmallows.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Swiss Miss and Walmart. All opinions, text and photographs of the recipe are 100% mine.