In case you do not have enough Christmas cookies on your to-bake list, you might want add this one.
In case you feel like something is missing and you just had a plate-full of sugar cookies, you might want to think about this one.
I will make it easy for you - just make this one.
Nothing against sugar cookies! Don't get me wrong. But sometimes you just need a chocolate cookie that melts in your mouth and you instantly relax. 🙂 And who doesn't need to relax for a short moment during this crazy busy holiday time?
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- ⅓ c butter softened
- 1 c brown sugar packed
- ⅔ c unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 egg whites
- ⅓ c sour cream
- 1 ½ c all-purpose flour
- ¼ c powdered sugar sifted ( place in a small bowl, for rolling )
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter for about 30 seconds.
- Add sugar, cocoa, soda and cinnamon. Beat until all is combined. Scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Add egg whites and sour cream and beat again.
- Beat in as much flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in any remaining flour. At this point you can cover the dough and refrigerate for about 3 hours, so it's easier to handle. I might have waited about 30 minutes ( impatient me, but how can you blame me - it's chocolate cookies we are talking about here! 🙂 ).
- Drop a teaspoon of the dough into powdered sugar and roll into a ball. Place on a greased or parchment paper lined baking sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in a 350 degree oven. Edges of the cookies should be firm. Transfer all onto a wire rack and let cool.
Did you make this recipe? Let me know!