Chili Queso Dip is the best queso with chili made in 10 minutes! No Velveeta needed! A perfect dip for parties and game days!
I used my queso sauce to make one delicious macaroni in my Queso Mac and Cheese recipe. You have to try it!
You guys, I am so excited to share this queso recipe with you today! If you ever wondered if you can make queso without process cheese product like Velveeta than you are in the right place. This recipe is for you and you will love it! You probably already have everything on hand. All you need is 5 ingredients and about 10 minutes to make it. Let’s do it!
- half and half
- salt and pepper
- sharp cheddar cheese
- chili with no beans
- First, you need a simple cheese sauce base. By the way, the best cheese sauce ever! It’s made with butter, cornstarch and half and half.
- Cook until thick, then add salt, pepper and chili ( I used no beans chili ).
- Add chili powder for a more spicy dip. That’s it!! It’s that easy! And it’s delicious! My Hubby approves so I know it’s good!
- I always use cornstarch and half and half in my sauces and this combo makes them smooth and perfectly thick. I use it in my Alfredo sauce and it’s the best!
- The addition of chili gives it a kick and more flavor and turns it into a perfect dip for parties and game days.
- I highly recommend grating the cheese instead of using store-bought grated cheese, it will melt better. Also, the chili should be room temperature and not straight from the fridge. The dip will have a better texture.
More easy appetizers:
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
The best queso with chili made in 10 minutes! No Velveeta needed! A perfect dip for parties and game days!
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 ad 1/2 cup freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup chili with no beans room temperature
- Chopped green onions and tomatoes for garnish
In a medium saucepan, melt butter.
In a measuring cup, whisk together cornstarch and half and half. Whisk well.
Add to melted butter. Cook on medium low heat, stirring often, until thickened. It will take about 5 minutes.
Add cheese and stir with a wooden spoon until melted. Add room temperature chili and stir.
Remove from heat. Place in a serving dish or little dipper slow cooker to keep warm.