Cherry Cream Puff Pastry Tart – this beautiful puff pastry tart is perfect for the holidays! It will be the easiest tart you ever made and the most delicious one!
This post is sponsored by Lucky Leaf, my favorite pie filling brand and the only one I use in my kitchen!
Do you ever find yourself in a need for an easy yet impressive dessert? Especially now, in the middle of the holiday season? I am here with a solution!
I believe that not every dessert should be complicated. You can make an impressive one that looks like you spent a lot of time preparing but in fact, it is super simple. This tart is definitely one of them. I adore puff pastry and bake with it any chance I get. Combined with a no-bake cheesecake filling and my favorite pie filling from Lucky Leaf, it created a gorgeous dessert that took only 30 minutes to make and yet made everyone speechless.
When Lucky Leaf asked me to create a holiday dessert using one of their pie fillings, I knew it had to be an impressive one. One that you can serve for your guests during the festive holiday season. I used Lucky Leaf’s Premium Cherry Pie Filling. I always stock up on it, because I make a lot of this Cherry Delight this time of year. This holidays, I am adding this tart to the list!
If you ever made a puff pastry tart, you know how easy it is and how beautifully it bakes up. You need one sheet of frozen puff pastry (thawed), rolled out on a lightly floured surface. Cut off 1 to 1,5″ strip of the dough on each side. Brush the edges of the main piece with egg wash and place all of the pieces on top. Don’t waste a piece! The extra squares make for a perfect corner decoration! Brush the top pieces and sprinkle with turbinado sugar. Bake the tart shell and cool completely.
Fill the tart shell with cheesecake filling and top with cherry pie filling. The tart is ready for serving. You can also refrigerate it for few hours, until you are ready to slice it and serve it to your guests.
The turbinado sugar gives the tart a little bit of character and even more crunch. The sweet and creamy cream cheese filling and the cherry pie filling create a pure heaven of flavors! You simply have to make it!
Two simple shortcuts that never disappoint will help you create a beautiful tart that looks festive and is absolutely delicious. Serve is along side of a hot white chocolate or your favorite latte for a holiday gathering.
Here is to easy holiday desserts!
PIN THIS RECIPE TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARD!
SHARE ON FACEBOOK
Cherry Cream Puff Pastry Tart
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- 2 Tablespoons turbinado sugar pure cane sugar
- 8 oz package cream cheese softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 can Lucky Leaf Premium Cherry Pie Filling
- Thaw the puff pastry sheet according to the manufacturers directions on packaging.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place on a lightly floured surface and roll out into a 13" by 10" rectangle.
- Cut off 1" to 1,5" strips of pastry dough on each side.
- Place the main pastry piece on a sheet of parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg and water. Mix well.
- Brush the edges of the main puff pastry piece with egg wash.
- Place cut off stripes of dough over the brushed edges. Use the small squares to decorate the corners. Brush the strips with egg wash and sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Place the parchment paper sheet with pastry on a large baking sheet.
- Bake the tart shell for 14 to 16 minutes, or until puffed up and golden brown.
- Cool completely. If the center if puffed up too much, gently press it down.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix the cream cheese until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Add sifted powdered sugar and vanilla extract and mix well. Mix on high for 2 minutes.
- Spread the cheesecake filling in the center of the tart.
- Top with pie filling.
- Slice and serve or refrigerate for few hours until ready to serve.
Lemon Raspberry Cheesecake BarsOther delicious puff pastry recipes: