Ooey-gooey caramel-filled chocolate sugar cookies will knock your socks off! Crispy on the outside, gooey on the inside.
Where do I start with these cookies... Because trying to find one word that would described them would be absolutely pointless. They look amazing, I am sure you'll agree. But I wish I could poof a plateful of them right onto your tables right now. Because if you think they look tempting, just wait until you take a bite!
It's like the world stops and you are suddenly on a long slide made out of chocolate, landing in a huge pool of gooey caramel.
These cookies have a sugar-coated crispy shell and warm and gooey center that melts in your mouth. You want to take a big bite to get to the caramel filling because these babies are huge! My cookies are usually 3/4 of the size of these. I could fit only 6 on my baking sheet. They will leave you speechless the moment you take them out of the oven. Chocolatey gorgeousnsess!! (yes, there is such a thing)
They are ridiculously easy to make! They are stuffed with Rolo candies (high five to all Rolos fans!!!) which adds even more chocolate to the center and makes the caramel melt into ooey gooey deliciousness! It will make you weak in your knees!
Caramel filled chocolate sugar cookies
- 1.25 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 15 to 18 Rolos candies unwrapped
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar for rolling
- Place butter in large mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer for 20 seconds. Add both sugars, egg and vanilla and mix well until everything is blended well.
- In another mixing bowl, sift together the dry ingredients (flour, cocoa and baking soda). Add to the wet ingredients in three additions. Mix until all of the dry ingredients are incorporated.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a cookie sheet with a parchment paper or s silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- Place the 2 tablespoons of sugar in a small bowl.
- Scoop the cookie dough with a standard size ice cream scoop, leveling on the side of the bowl.
- Roll the dough in your hands into a ball. Place a Rolo candie top side down into the dough ball, push down and cover with the dough on the sides. Roll again in your hands to make a ball.
- Roll in sugar, place on prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat with the rest of the dough, placing 6 balls of dough on a sheet at a time.
- Bake for 7 to 9 minutes (8 minutes was the magic time for me). Cool on the sheet for 2 minutes, gently transfer onto a cooling rack.
Nothing more to say. Well, maybe one thing: MAKE THESE ASAP!