Buffalo Onion Rings – perfectly crunchy onion rings tossed in Buffalo sauce. Your new favorite way to enjoy this appetizer or pile them on your next burger!
Can you guess approximately how long it took us to polish off a batch of these Buffalo Onion Rings? Yeah, about 5 seconds. They are SO GOOD! Served along with a dip or piled onto a burger – these pretties will knock your socks off with flavor. Spicy, crunchy and addicting! These onion rings are perfect way to spice up the appetizer game.
I mean how could you ever say no to crispy fried onion rings tossed in buttery Buffalo sauce! Serve with a cool Ranch sauce and you are all set for your next game day or party!
This is currently my favorite way to jazz up plain ol’ onion rings. Of course, you could use frozen store-bought onion rings that you bake in the oven. However, considering how fairly easy they are to make at home – I always make the breading and fry them myself. Panko breadcrumbs make for a crispy coating. You can use regular breadcrumbs, of course.
With the weekend ahead of us and the football season in – I hope you will try this appetizer idea and enjoy it!
More appetizer recipes:
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment!
- 1 large yellow onion
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 4 Tablespoons butter melted
- 1/4 cup hot sauce
- 1 and 1/2 cups vegetable oil for frying
- Slice onion in large rings. Separate and place on a plate. Heat up oil in a medium saucepan.
- Prepare breading station: Place flour in a shallow dish. Place egg in a shallow dish, beat well. Place breadcrumbs in a shallow dish. One onion ring at a time, place in flour, then egg and then breadcrumbs. Place back on plate. Repeat with all onion rings.
- When oil reaches 350 degrees F., fry few onion rings at a time, until golden brown on both sides. Place on a paper towel lined plate to drain excess grease.
- In a shallow dish, combine melted butter and hot sauce. Whisk well. Dip each fried onion ring in Buffalo sauce. Place on a cooling rack. To crisp up the onion rings, place in a 400 degree F oven and bake for 5 to 7 minutes.