Broccoli and Cheese Mini Quiches - fresh and delicious, these mini quiches come together quickly thanks to a crust shortcut!
As any other mother out there, I often find myself racking my brain for new ideas to get my kiddos to eat more veggies or simply new fresh ideas because they've become bored with the old ones.
And as any other mother out there, I also know that when it comes to kids - mini food wins almost every time.
Also, it's Spring and besides cleaning the house and inviting the fresh, Spring air indoors, I tend to have a need to refresh our menu. The Spring veggies and fruits are filling the produce section in our store and I always grab them! I get really excited about all of the different dishes I can make with them. I just need to remember that kids are kids, which means they can be picky. They are still learning that veggies are good for you. You just need to make them tasty and they will believe you! 🙂
When I made these mini quiches for the first time, they received a big thumbs up from everyone. They are really easy to make (thanks to a crust shortcut!) and quite versatile. You could add corn, swap red and yellow peppers for the broccoli, use different cheeses for the topping or add fresh herbs for even more flavor. Be ready to have fun with these and get your kids involved too! They are more likely to eat the food they helped prepare!
Mini food or individual servings are so much easier and so much more convenient. These quiches are currently our kids favorite lunch. They make for a perfect grab-and-go lunch, picnic food, Spring brunch food, and most of all - they are fun! We also love these Broccoli, Ham and Cheese Egg Muffin Cups. So easy and scrumptious!
Broccoli and Cheese Mini Quiches
- 12 slices of white sandwich bread (please see recipe note for yield)
- 6 large eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup fresh or frozen broccoli cuts I used frozen
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350° F.
- Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Place bread slices on a cutting board. Cut out a circle in the middle of each slice with a large cookie cutter, biscuit cutter or a plastic drinking cup (I used the latter). It should just cut the crust of each slice off.
- Place each bread circle in each muffin cup. Press down gently to form a crust cup. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Whisk just enough to break the eggs. Stir in broccoli.
- Fill the crust cups almost to the top.
- Top each mini quiche with cheese, dividing equally.
- Bake the mini quiches for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the quiches are puffed up and baked through.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes before serving.