This 20-Minute Skillet Pasta with Tomatoes, Spinach and Beans is a healthy dinner option with pasta. Simple, flavorful and wholesome skillet pasta is perfect for busy weekdays.
20-MINUTE SKILLET PASTA
This dish makes me happy just to look at! It's fresh, full of flavor and made in 20 minutes! I love quick and easy recipes! This is definitely one of them and currently my favorite vegetarian pasta dish. I love easy pasta because I can whip up a from-scratch dinner in no time and I know everyone will love it. Perfect for busy weeknights! All you need to do is cook the pasta, sauté veggies, add a little half and half for the sauce and stir it all together. Serve garnished with cheese and crushed red pepper flakes and dinner is ready!
- penne pasta
- olive oil
- cherry tomatoes
- half and half
- Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- Parmesan cheese
How to make this dish:
Cook pasta according to instructions on the box.
In a measuring cup, mix together half and half, cornstarch and Italian seasoning. Set aside.
In a large saucepan, sauté garlic in olive oil for 2 minutes.
Add tomatoes and spinach and sauté, stirring often.
Add beans, salt, pepper and half and half mixture. Stir well. Cook for 2 minutes, until the mixture thickens up.
Add cooked pasta and stir in gently.
Serve garnished with Parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes.
What other veggies can I use?
You can completely customize this dish. Use artichoke hearts, broccoli, green beans, diced tomatoes, corn, peas, kale, etc.
Can I make this dish ahead of time?
Yes! Simply cook the dish, cool and store in a fridge in a container with lid, for up to 4 days.
More Pasta Recipes:
For more recipes like this one, feel free to browse our Pasta Category.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
20-Minute Skillet Pasta
- 6 oz penne pasta about ½ box
- 2 cloves of garlic grated or minced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 9 oz sweet cherry tomatoes all cut in half
- 15 oz can Great Northern Beans drained and rinsed well,
- 2.5 cups fresh spinach torn if desired
- ¾ cup half and half
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Parmesan cheese optional garnish
- Crushed red pepper flakes optional garnish
- Cook pasta according to instructions on the box. Rinse with warm water, set aside and keep warm.
- In a measuring cup, mix together half and half, cornstarch and Italian seasoning. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, heat up olive oil. Add garlic and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and spinach and sauté, stirring often, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add beans, salt, pepper and half and half mixture. Stir well. Cook for 2 minutes, until the mixture thickens up.
- Add cooked pasta and stir in gently. Remove from heat.
- Serve garnished with Parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes.
- Please note, that the nutrition value can vary depending on what product you use. The information below is an estimate. Always use calorie counter you are familiar with.
- You can use any bite-size pasta for this dish.