Strawberry Swirl Sour Cream Bars – creamy bars with sweet strawberry jam swirls and slight tang from the sour cream. Fabulous for a Spring or Summer celebration like a baby shower!
It’s a special day today!
For once, I have a fabulous treat to share with you and second – we are hosting a virtual baby shower!
First, let’s talk about the bars. This recipe is a play on one of my favorite bars – the Sour Cream Crumb Bars. I skipped the crumb topping and added a strawberry jam swirl. I made these in a larger pan
The strawberry season is upon us and I happen to love berry desserts. They remind me of the warm, happy days of summer!
For this recipe, I used my quick freezer jam recipe to make a strawberry jam. Of course a store bought jam will work as well. I just happen to love the homemade version. The swirls are so easy to make and make the dessert just a tad more special.
If you haven’t tried making a freezer jam, now it’s the time!
These bars are perfect to serve for brunch, get together or any celebration! Everyone will love this creamy, sweet yet tangy treat!
Yields 32 squares
15 minPrep Time
35 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- 1/2 c unsalted butter, melted, cooled to room temperature
- 1/2 c packed light or dark brown sugar
- 1 and 1/2 c all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 c sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1 and 1/4 c granulated (white) sugar
- 4 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 c homemade of store-bought strawberry jam
- Line a 13" x9" baking pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the crust ingredients.
- In another medium mixing bowl, mix all the filling ingredients with an electric mixer.
- Pat down the crust mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Pour the filling over the crust.
- Drop the jam by tablespoon-fulls and swirl with a knife.
- Bake 35 to 38 minutes or until the topping is golden brown and the filling appears set. There should be no unbaked jiggly filling in the center.
- Cool completely before cutting.
Recipe source: CrunchyCreamySweet.com
And speaking of celebrations, today a group of my blogging friends and I are celebrating our dear friend, Georgia from the Comfort of Cooking blog and her baby girl that is about to be welcomed to this world! Georgia is one of the kindest and sweetest bloggers I have met since I started my blog. Her site is full of beautiful and delicious food full of comfort and love. From fantastic breakfast ideas (like these Easy No-Bake Berry Donut Shortcakes) to comforting dinner recipes (like this Crispy Parmesan Chicken with Balsamic Roasted Tomatoes ) and gorgeous desserts (like this recent Tres Leches Cake)
Congratulations, Georgia! I am so happy for you and your husband! I can’t wait to see your sweet baby girl!
Please, visit the following posts from my blogging friends to see what else we are sharing today for this special baby shower!
- Strawberry Cheesecake Mousse from Texanerin Baking
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Petit Fours from Chocolate & Carrots
- Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes from Grandbaby Cakes
- Beet Pesto Pasta from Little Kitchie
- Strawberry Almond Cream Tart from Jeanette’s Healthy Living
- Mini Lemon-Rhubarb Bundt Cakes from Girl Versus Dough
- Lightened Up No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Parfaits from Steph’s Bite by Bite
- Strawberry Swirl Sour Cream Bars from Crunchy Creamy Sweet
- Lemon Raspberry Poppy Seed Cookie Cups from Cookie Monster Cooking
- Rhubarb Cream Cheese Hand Pies from Eats Well With Others
- Kale Salad with Strawberries, Goat cheese, and Strawberry Vinaigrette from The Roasted Root
- Roasted Asparagus and Goat Cheese Frittata from The Lemon Bowl
- Roasted Strawberry Greek Yogurt Cheesecake from Baker by Nature
- Strawberry Lemonade Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars from A Kitchen Addiction
- Strawberry Lemonade Bars from Culinary Couture
- White Velvet Layer Cake with Strawberry-Raspberry Mascarpone Buttercream from Wicked Good Kitchen
- Lemon Cupcakes with Lemon Glaze from The Messy Baker