Strawberry Swirl Sour Cream Bars - creamy bars with sweet strawberry jam swirls and slight tang from the sour cream. Fabulous for a Spring or Summer celebration like a baby shower!
It's a special day today!
For once, I have a fabulous treat to share with you and second - we are hosting a virtual baby shower!
First, let's talk about the bars. This recipe is a play on one of my favorite bars - the Sour Cream Crumb Bars. I skipped the crumb topping and added a strawberry jam swirl. I made these in a larger pan
The strawberry season is upon us and I happen to love berry desserts. They remind me of the warm, happy days of summer!
For this recipe, I used my quick freezer jam recipe to make a strawberry jam. Of course a store bought jam will work as well. I just happen to love the homemade version. The swirls are so easy to make and make the dessert just a tad more special.
If you haven't tried making a freezer jam, now it's the time!
These bars are perfect to serve for brunch, get together or any celebration! Everyone will love this creamy, sweet yet tangy treat!
Strawberry Swirl Sour Cream Bars
!for the crust:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted, cooled to room temperature
- 1/2 cup packed light or dark brown sugar
- 1 and 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
!for the filling:
- 2 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1 and 1/4 cup granulated (whitsugar
- 4 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
!for the swirls:
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam
- Line a 13" x 9" baking pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the crust ingredients.
- In another medium mixing bowl, mix all the filling ingredients with an electric mixer.
- Pat down the crust mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Pour the filling over the crust.
- Drop the jam by tablespoon-fulls and swirl with a knife.
- Bake 35 to 38 minutes or until the topping is golden brown and the filling appears set. There should be no unbaked jiggly filling in the center.
- Cool completely before cutting.