Strawberry Swirl Sour Cream Bars – creamy bars with sweet strawberry jam swirls and slight tang from the sour cream. Fabulous for a Spring or Summer celebration like a baby shower!
It’s a special day today!
For once, I have a fabulous treat to share with you and second – we are hosting a virtual baby shower!
First, let’s talk about the bars. This recipe is a play on one of my favorite bars – the Sour Cream Crumb Bars. I skipped the crumb topping and added a strawberry jam swirl. I made these in a larger pan
The strawberry season is upon us and I happen to love berry desserts. They remind me of the warm, happy days of summer!
For this recipe, I used my quick freezer jam recipe to make a strawberry jam. Of course a store bought jam will work as well. I just happen to love the homemade version. The swirls are so easy to make and make the dessert just a tad more special.
If you haven’t tried making a freezer jam, now it’s the time!
These bars are perfect to serve for brunch, get together or any celebration! Everyone will love this creamy, sweet yet tangy treat!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted, cooled to room temperature
- 1/2 cup packed light or dark brown sugar
- 1 and 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1 and 1/4 cup granulated (whitsugar
- 4 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam
- Line a 13" x 9" baking pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the crust ingredients.
- In another medium mixing bowl, mix all the filling ingredients with an electric mixer.
- Pat down the crust mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Pour the filling over the crust.
- Drop the jam by tablespoon-fulls and swirl with a knife.
- Bake 35 to 38 minutes or until the topping is golden brown and the filling appears set. There should be no unbaked jiggly filling in the center.
- Cool completely before cutting.