Yay September! Yay cool front! Yay fall baking!!!
Can you tell I am excited about fall? It’s our favorite season. So many happy things happen in the fall. The weather is finally comfortable and enjoyable. Trees turn the most beautiful red and orange you can imagine. There are apples and pumpkins everywhere. Holidays are just around the corner and the football season starts! All of these are excuses for me to bake and cook delicious food.
I am starting off with flavor combinations that just scream “fall”. Apples and caramel.
Let’s ease into our fall baking projects with this super easy and quick dessert. Just to get us in the mood.
I took my favorite blondie bars recipe, added sauteed Granny Smith apples and baked it in a pie dish. It turned out perfect! I love the wrinkled look of this pie. And each slice – ooey gooey apple goodness!
But… I wasn’t going to stop there. I made the most addicting caramel sauce ever! Buttery and salty sauce, that you will want to add to your coffee, ice cream, cake or simply eat from a jar! I did.
And I drizzled it over my slice of pie.
This is a true test of your strong-wildness. I had none. So good luck!
Come to momma!
Okay, I will give you the recipe now. Just promise to make it and let me know how you like it! Fair trade, I think.
Yields 8 - 10 slices
Welcome fall and all it's flavors with this easy dessert! Apple Caramel Blondies in a pie form. Top with Salted Butter Caramel Sauce and enjoy! www.crunchycreamysweet.com
15 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 2 - 3 Granny Smith apples, washed, cored and chopped
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 c butter, melted, cooled
- 1 c brown sugar
- 1 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 c flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In a medium pan, sautee apples in butter until soft.
- Add brown sugar and cook until sugar dissolves and apples look caramelized.
- Transfer into a heat-proof bowl and let cool.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease and flour your pie dish. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients ( flour, baking powder and salt ). Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together melted butter and sugar.
- Add beaten egg and whisk until combined.
- Add dry ingredients and fold them in. Do not overmix. Few flour lumps in the batter are ok.
- Spread half the batter on the bottom of your prepared pie dish.
- Spread the apples on top of it.
- Cover with the rest of the batter. Spread evenly with a spatula.
- Bake for 25 - 28 minutes, until the edges are golden brown.
- Let cool completely before slicing.
- Top with salted butter caramel sauce.
It is important to let the pie cool completely before slicing. It's a ooey gooey pie and it needs to cool to set.
If the pictures got you totally mesmerized and in a need of the buttery caramel sauce…
you will have to come back tomorrow for the recipe!
It’s worth it! I promise!