Stuffed Pepper Rice Skillet recipe - a classic dish simplified! Perfectly seasoned ground beef, rice, colorful peppers, onions and garlic make this skillet dinner a family favorite! All done in 20 minutes!
Today I am partnering with Uncle Ben's to bring you this recipe. I received compensation in exchange for this post. Although this post is sponsored, all opinions are my own.
We are taking a classic dish, that happens to be one of our favorites, and turning it into a skillet meal that feeds a whole family and comes together in 20 minutes! It actually is better then the classic, if I can say so myself. Perfectly seasoned ground beef, colorful bell peppers, red onion, garlic and crushed tomatoes with UNCLE BEN’S® READY RICE® that cooks in 90 seconds - makes this dinner not only delicious but easy! And we are all about easy when it comes to dinnertime. You can also prepare this ahead of time and just add the rice before serving.
Inviting kids to the kitchen and creating meals together is something my Hubby and I are very passionate about. We love making dinnertime into a whole family activity, with everyone helping. We cook dinner at home most of the time. I went from babies on my hip, while I stirred pasta, toddlers playing drums on the kitchen floor with my pots and spatulas while I frosted a birthday cake to now our kids adding ingredients to the skillets and watching it cook together. Kids love to help in the kitchen! I love to watch them learn about food and what choices are healthy and good for them. Just like my Hubby and I, we hope that our kids will have the memories of all of us making meals we love, like this Stuffed Pepper Rice Skillet. Our 9-year-old daughter helped me with this dish. I assigned the rice part to her and she was very excited to help! The instructions on the UNCLE BEN’S® READY RICE® package are very easy: tear 2" on the side of the bag, place in microwave and set for 90 seconds. The package has a cool touch area that helps handle it once the rice is cooked. After that all she did was add the rice to the skillet and I stirred it all together. 😀
The Ben’s Beginners™ Cooking Contest and you are invited to join! Parents with children in Kindergarten through 8th grade can submit photos of their families preparing meals with rice. Like I did with my daughter on the photo above! My Hubby was behind the camera and our two youngest kiddos were setting up the table. I told you - it's a family affair! 😀 To learn more, please visit The UNCLE BEN’S® Brand website.
This dish is so colorful and bursting with flavor! We make with ground beef, ground turkey and even chicken cut into bite size pieces. You can even top it with shredded cheese before serving! For a vegetarian version, use beans! I like Great Northern beans, but black or red beans work great too.
Stuffed Pepper Rice Skillet Recipe
- 1 lb ground beef (you can also use ground turkey chicken cut into bite size pieces or 1 can of beans, drained and rinsed)
- 1 pkg Uncle Ben's Ready Rice prepared according to instructions on the package
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- ¾ cup chopped green bell pepper
- ¾ cup chopped red and yellow pepper
- 2 cups and ½ crushed tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- To a large skillet, add ground beef. Add salt, pepper, oregano, Italian seasoning and paprika and stir well. Cook until the meat is brown and cooked through.
- Add onion, garlic and peppers. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes until peppers soften.
- Add crushed tomatoes and bring everything to simmer. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add rice and stir well.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Serve topped with chopped parsley.
PIN THIS RECIPE TO YOUR DINNER BOARD.
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out! 😀