Things are going to get complicated right now. Whatever you do, do not let this dark chocolate and sea salt combo distract you! Don't be like me!
Man are so straight-forward, aren't they? Aren't you? There is no need for complications in their world. Fancy pairings like coconut and white chocolate with sprinkles for drama. Instead, they distract you with simplicity in it's best form. Before you know it, your jaw is on the floor and your eyes twice the size.
You want to dive in, head first. You are doomed.
Dark Chocolate and Sea Salt Krispies Treats
- 1 c dark chocolate chunks or chips
- 1/4 c smooth peanut butter
- 2 c rice krispies cereal
- 1/2 c mini marshmallows
- sea salt for sprinkling
- Line 8" x 8" baking dish with parchment paper or foil.
- Lightly grease the bottom and sides of the paper. Set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate in 15 seconds increments.
- Stir until smooth.
- Add peanut butter and stir until combined and smooth.
- Add rice krispies and gently fold in until evenly coated with chocolate.
- Add mini marshmallows and gently fold in.
- Pour the cereal and chocolate mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Spread evenly with a spatula or back of a spoon sprayed with cooking oil. ( It will help with the stickiness. )
- Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Gently press down with a piece of parchment paper.
- Refrigerate until set, at least 30 minutes.
- Cut in bars.
- Store in refrigerator.
This is our men's team entry in our Rice Krispies Throwdown family competition. I will need some cash to pay for protesting judges decision...
Go girls' team?... Yeah, I know... I can see you high-fiving the boys... I can hear the cheers: sea salt! sea salt! sea salt!