Peanut Butter Chocolate Granola Cookies - 5-ingredient flourless cookies that are packed with protein! No fancy techniques needed.
I think we all are familiar with the easiest cookies in the world: the flourless peanut butter cookies. The recipe for them is in almost every church cookbook. I have prints from my Hubby's grandmother that were cut out from a newspaper decades ago.
This time I wanted to make them even more scrumptious. And they actually fit perfectly as breakfast cookies! I added granola cereal to the batter along with chocolate chips. I chose Cranberry Almond Granola Cereal from Fiber One. They have a new line: Protein in two fabulous flavors: Cranberry Almond and Maple Brown Sugar. Check them out next time you are in the store!
The cookies are amazing!!!! I love the peanut butter, the melted chocolate and the fabulous crunch from the granola. They are thick and chewy and addicting! These didn't last long in our house. Everyone declared them one of the best we've had!
These cookies have only 5 ingredients: peanut butter, egg, brown sugar, chocolate chips and granola cereal. You can add a little bit of vanilla extract too. The dough comes together in 2 minutes because there is no creaming butter with sugar. There is also no flour in them or any leavening ingredients. These cookies won't spread or rise much. I scooped them out with my trusted OXO cookie scoop and left them be on the cookie sheet. No flattening, no rolling - just scoop and bake. You can enjoy a batch in no time!
Save this recipe to your box!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Granola Cookies
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup light or dark brown sugar I used dark
- 1 cup granola cereal I used Fiber One Granola Cereal in Cranberry Almond
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- Place peanut butter and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl of a stand mixer.
- Mix until combined, 30 seconds.
- Add egg and mix in until the dough is smooth.
- Add granola and chocolate chips and mix on low just until incorporated.
- Scoop 1,5 tablespoon size scoops of dough onto the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake 9 to 10 minutes.
- The cookies will be fragile at this point, so let them cool for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Disclosure: I have not been compensated for this post. I received the samples from Fiber One Cereal. I was not required to use them in a recipe, but we loved these cookies and I wanted to share them with you all.