Parmesan Ranch Skillet Bread – quick and easy bread with Parmesan cheese and ranch seasoning! So good! Perfect with a bowl of soup, chili or pasta!
See the beauty above? This is a skillet bread. Super easy and super delicious skillet bread.
I have been having this idea in my head for some time and now that the weather is getting colder and my slow cooker is already getting a workout, it’s the perfect time to make another easy bread in my skillet. I’ve been making my One Hour Skillet Focaccia so often and I know how much you guys love it but I wanted something even quicker and easier.
This is it!
This bread is so simple. All you need is one bowl, a wooden spoon and few simple ingredients to make it. Mix all ingredients, shape the bread and bake. It smells so good and is absolutely fantastic! I love easy recipes like this one!
My family loved this bread! It was gone so fast and I already have requests to make it again. What a hit! It has a soft crumb and slightly crunchy crust. The Parmesan and ranch go so well together, giving it an Italian flair.
The dough will be shaggy after mixing. All you need to do is shape it into a ball, about 8 inches in diameter (so it will fit in a 10 inch skillet and still have room to grow). You can make an x slit on top, just like in the traditional Irish soda bread. Bake the bread until it’s nicely golden brown on top. If you tap on the top, it should be hard. It will soften during cooling. Brushing the top with Parmesan and melted butter mixture is totally optional but it adds more flavor and richness and softens the top crust.
PIN THIS RECIPE TO YOUR PINTEREST BOARD!
SHARE ON FACEBOOK
- 3.75 cup all-purpose flour
- 1.5 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- 1 packet dry Ranch seasoning mix
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- Lightly grease a 10" cast iron skillet. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, salt, sugar and Ranch seasoning and 1/4 of a cup of Parmesan cheese).
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients (buttermilk, egg and oil).
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon until the dry ingredients are well combined. Do not overmix. The dough will be shaggy.
- Sprinkle a little bit of flour on a counter. Place the dough on the counter and shape into a bowl, about 8 inches in diameter. Place the bread into the prepared skillet.
- In a small measuring cup, mix together the remaining 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese with the melted butter.
- Brush the butter over the top of the bread. Reserve half of the mixture for brushing after baking.
- Bake the bread for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown on top.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes. Brush the bread with the remaining melted butter. Remove from the skillet and place on a cutting board to cool completely.