Hot Corn and Bacon Dip – super cheesy hot corn dip with bacon will make you reach for more and more! You need to make this for your next game day!
This blog should be called “Cheesy and Donuts”. That pretty much sums up what has been going on here recently. My Hubby is responsible for the cheese and the donuts may or may not be my obsession. I am not admitting to anything. Oh, wait. I did that already.
But who is complaining? It’s all about balance, right? You got sweet and you got savory – both decadent and absolutely delicious. Everybody wins!
And the cheese! Just look at that cheese! So ooey and gooey that when you pull it away with a chip, you start to open your mouth long before you take the bite!
It’s pretty much mandatory that every dip should have cheese in it. Because cheese makes everything better. This bread, this bread and soon to come a soup (!!!) are the proof. It magically turns a dish into a star. Kind of like chocolate in desserts. Add it and all of a sudden, everyone is reaching for more!
Last Saturday, we shared a Cheddar Bacon Ranch Dip. This is it’s hot version. Two versions – both fantastic! It’s honestly hard to choose one over the other. They are both so good!
In this hot version, I skipped the Ranch mix so you can enjoy the bacon action. Sometimes Ranch tends to overpower a dish. It seemed so when we baked this for the first time.
You will love how easy this dip is to throw together. Just mix all of the ingredients, place in a oven safe dish (I used a mini cast iron baker) and bake for about 10 to 15 minutes. If you want to achieve the brown spots like we did, just place the dish under a broiler set on low setting and broil for 2 to 3 minutes. That’s it! So easy and so satisfying! Enjoy, friends!
Creamy and cheesy dip with corn and bacon. Irresistible appetizer for any party!
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 can whole kernel corn
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1.5 cups shredded mild cheddar
- Preheat oven to 420 degrees.
- Place bacon on a baking sheet lined with a aluminum foil. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until crispy.
- Place bacon on a paper towel to drain from grease. Do not turn off the oven but lower the temperature to 400 degrees.
- Mix together all of the remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- When cool, chop the bacon. Add to the dip mixture.
- Place the dip mixture in an oven safe dish.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until bubbly and the cheese is melted.
- Let cool to room temperature.
- Serve warm with chips.
Note: the cook time includes the bacon's baking time.
Recipe source: CrunchyCreamySweet.com