Glazed Cranberry Sweet Bread - buttermilk sweet bread studded with fresh and juicy cranberries, finished up with a sweet cream glaze. My favorite sweet bread for the holidays!
Glazed Cranberry Sweet Bread Recipe
Glazed Cranberry Sweet Bread - buttermilk sweet bread studded with fresh and juicy cranberries, finished up with a sweet cream glaze. My favorite sweet bread for the holidays! Recipe source: CrunchyCreamySweet.com
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1.5 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup butter melted or vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
for the glaze:
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons heavy cream or half and half or milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour (or line with parchment paper) a 9" by 5" loaf pan. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt.
- Add cranberries and toss to coat all berries in the flour mixture. This will prevent them from sinking to the bottom.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together buttermilk, vanilla, butter and egg.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until all of the flour mixture is incorporated. Do not overmix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake the bread for 40 to 45 minutes, OR until the top is golden brown and the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the pan. Invert onto a cooling rack and cool completely before glazing.
- In a small bowl, mix sifted powdered sugar with cream. Whisk until smooth and drizzling consistency.
- Pour the glaze over the bread. Let sit until the glaze stops dripping and sets.
- Slice and serve.
Calories: 454kcal | Carbohydrates: 84g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 52mg | Sodium: 408mg | Potassium: 223mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 50g | Vitamin A: 350IU | Vitamin C: 2.2mg | Calcium: 104mg | Iron: 2.2mg
Tried this recipe?Leave a comment with rating below!
Amazing bread. I only used 1/4 cup of sugar and it was still very very good. It's like cake almost. Will make it again for Christmas