Glazed Chocolate Donuts are baked chocolate donuts that come together in under 20 minutes, glazed with rich and silky smooth glaze. Yes, your weekend morning is calling for these!
Hello, from the donut side!
Okay, that was stretching it but I have Adele on autoplay and these donuts just happened and I had to share. Because donuts. And chocolate glaze that makes you weak in your knees.
Every weekend needs donuts and these are so quick and easy to make - you can skip the line in your bakery. Besides a plateful of these babies will make for sweet memories. I always have so much fun calling the kids and my Hubby with a plate of glazed chocolate donuts dressed up with sprinkles in my hands! #blessed
- all-purpose flour
- cocoa powder
- granulated sugar
- baking powder
- baking soda
- vanilla extract
- vegetable oil
- chocolate chips
- whipping cream
How could you ever resist these? I've made this recipe so many times, I can probably whip up a batch if woken up in the middle of the night. The glaze couldn't be easier too! It's just chocolate and heavy cream whisk to a smooth and silky ganache. Woah! Dipping the donuts in the glaze is a happy moment for sure!
Also, it may be getting a little annoying but I am still trying to spread happiness with colorful and happy food. Hope you don't mind!
More donut recipes:
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
Glazed Chocolate Donuts Recipe
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup + 3 Tablespoons buttermilk OR 1/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons whole milk with 1 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- for the glaze:
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 420 degrees F.
- Grease a 6 regular size donut pan. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, soda and salt.
- In a large measuring cup, mix together buttermilk, egg, vanilla and oil. Whisk well.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and whisk until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Place the batter in a ziploc bag. Close the bag and cut off a corner with scissors. Pipe out the batter evenly among donut cups in your pan.
- Tap the pan against your counter few times to release any air bubbles.
- Bake donuts in preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in few places in each donut comes out clean.
- Cool donuts in pan for 5 minutes, then transfer onto a cooling rack.
- To make the glaze, place chocolate chips in a medium mixing bowl. Pour heavy cream into heat-proof measuring cup or bowl and heat up in the microwave in 20 second increments just until hot, but not boiling. Pour hot cream over chocolate. DO NOT stir. Let it sit for 5 minutes. Whisk the mixture until smooth.
- Dip donuts in glaze and set back on cooling rack. Decorate with sprinkles while the glaze is still wet.