In hopes you are having a fabulous weekend and wanting to bake some delicious cookies, I am sharing a very easy recipe your kids can help with. In our home, if you say “sprinkles” – two of the best helpers in the world will show up with their cute little kid aprons all tied and ready to go! Baking and cooking is something we love to do together. It’s a family affair that creates memories.
I won’t keep you long here, so you can enjoy time with your family and make these cookies. Let me just say right quick, how easy and delicious these babies are. Soft, melt-in-your-mouth with the perfect vanilla flavor. Kids will love to stir in sprinkles to the dough and on top of each cookie.
- 1 c butter softened
- 3/4 c brown sugar
- 1/4 c granulated sugar
- oz vanilla instant pudding mix 3.4 .
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 c all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, parchment paper or silpat. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl,cream together butter and both sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add pudding mix, eggs, and vanilla extract. Mix until incorporated.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients ( flour, baking soda, and salt ).
- Add to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Stir in sprinkles ( add anywhere from 1/4 cup to 3/4 cup - depends on your likings ).
- Scoop out cookies onto a prepared baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with additional funfetti. Flatten gently with your fingers or metal spatula.
- Bake 10 - 12 minutes, until the edges are golden brown.
- Cool on the sheet for 1 minute, then transfer onto a cooling rack.
These actually happened by total accident, as I was making cookies for my CCC Monday ( post coming up tomorrow ). But having my girls with me when I bake, very often ends up with new creations inspired by their ideas. I simply divided the dough ( I used this recipe from Two Peas and Their Pod ) and let them make these. So these are not only sprinkled with funfetti, but also with giggles and smiles!
Have a wonderful Labor Day weekend!