Crunchy Honey Lime Chicken Recipe – crispy panko-crusted chicken tenders, drizzled with lime juice and sweet honey. This family friendly dinner idea is a huge hit every single time!
There is a new cookbook in my kitchen and it has not left the cookbook stand. It is always open on one of the recipes and I still have many bookmarked, soon to be made. That’s a sign of a good cookbook to me.
Recently, I received a copy of The Weeknight Dinner Cookbook, written by Mary Younkin. Mary is the creator of Barefeet In The Kitchen blog and my food blogging friend. She homeschools her kids just like I do and we both love to be in the kitchen with our kids and cook together.
Mary’s book is filled with family friendly recipes that kids can help with or even make themselves. The instructions are very clear and easy to follow and there are always options for substitutions or different cooking methods (stove top or oven, etc.). I think it’s fair to say that, right after these chicken strips, my kids’ favorite recipe from Mary’s book is for the Chicken Cordon Bleu Sliders. They love them! My Hubby and I really enjoyed the Cheesy Ranch Chicken and Potatoes (yes to one sheet pan dinners!) and the Huevos Rancheros Bowls.
When deciding on a recipe to feature here on my blog from this cookbook, I asked my Hubby and our kids and they all voted for these Crunchy Honey Lime Chicken strips. They were such a hit!
I almost never buy chicken tenders because chicken breast is cheaper and I can cut it into strips. That’s what I did for this recipe. Also, I skipped the cayenne pepper and used paprika so it’s too spicy for the kiddos. I absolutely love how the freshly squeezed lime juice and a drizzle of honey take sink into the breading, making these chicken tenders irresistible! For kids and adults!
If you are looking for a new cookbook that you will use often, I highly recommend checking out Mary’s The Weeknight Dinner Cookbook. This book includes 15-25 minute meals, 30-45 minute meals, 5-10 minute prep meals, simple side dishes, condiments and spices and stress-free desserts. It is available on Amazon and Barnes and Noble online.
Also, check out Mary’s blog, Barefeet in the Kitchen. You will love her and her recipes!
This recipe is written with permission from The Weeknight Dinner Cookbook by Mary Younkin, author of Barefeet In The Kitchen blog.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper I skipped it and used 1/2 teaspoon paprika instead
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken tenders (I used chicken breast cut into strips)
- 1.5 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil I also added 1 Tablespoon of butter
- 2 large limes cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup honey
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, chili powder, salt, pepper and cayenne (or paprika). Add egg and milk and whisk until smooth.
- Add chicken tenders to the flour-egg mixture and toss to coat well.
- Place panko breadcrumbs onto a medium size plate. One by one, coat each chicken tender in panko and set onto a clean plate.
- Heat up oil and butter in a large pan over medium heat.
- Cook chicken until lightly brown, about 2 minutes on each side. Remove onto a plate and cool slightly.
- Squeeze the lime juice over chicken and drizzle tender with honey.
Other fabulous recipes from Mary @ Barefeet in the Kitchen:
Crispy Cheese and Bacon Potatoes
Asian Steak Bites
Pineapple Coconut Bars