Chocolate Mousse For Two – rich and silky treat for two!
I have been meaning to make this mousse since this cake. I knew it would be amazing. Here we are, a year later, Valentine’s Day approaching. It was time to make it happen.
If you need a dessert that can be made ahead of time and is fairly quick to make, this is it. Aside from the fact that it’s one of the most decadent ones! My Hubby loves chocolate mousse and he was awaiting anxiously for me to finish shooting the photos so he can have his share! 🙂
As for decorating it, I used chocolate shavings. You can use whipped cream or caramel sauce or hot fudge sauce. Whatever your sweet heart desires! Or you can use this mousse for dipping strawberries!
This recipe makes a perfect amount for two. This mousse is rich so don’t be tempted to double the recipe (unless you are making it for 4).
—>> Craving more? Check out my NEW recipe for Chocolate MUG Cake for Two!
- 1 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2.5 Tbsp hot water
- 3.5 oz semi-sweet chocolate
- 3/4 c cold heavy whipping cream
- 2.5 tsp granulated sugar
- dash of salt
- In a small bowl, mix together cocoa powder and hot water. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate. Cool 3 to 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl of a stand mixer, whip cream, sugar and salt at medium speed. Whip for 30 seconds. It should slightly thicken. Increase the speed to high and whip the cream until soft peaks form. It should happen quite fast ( 20 to 30 seconds ) so do not walk away. Set aside.
- Whisk cocoa powder mixture with melted chocolate until smooth. At first it will look like your chocolate seized but keep whisking. It will come back together and be smooth.
- With whisk, fold in 1/3 of the whipped cream into chocolate mixture to lighten it. Switch to a rubber spatula and gently fold in the rest of the whipped cream, until no streaks remain. It is important or the mousse won't set right.
- Spoon the mousse into glasses.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve or for up to two days.
Recipe source: Triple Chocolate Mousse Cake recipe