Chocolate Cherry Cake – romantic dessert for chocoholics. Rich, chocolate cake filled with juicy cherries is the perfect summer dessert!
CHOCOLATE CHERRY CAKE
This cake is the definition of a perfect flavor combination. I think by now it’s safe to say that cherries and chocolate are my new favorite combo. It was clear to me, I had to make it into a cake.
This cake is a go-between brownies and a simple chocolate cake. Yet it’s not just a cake. It’s moist, it’s full of chocolate pieces and sweet dark cherries. If you like the chocolate and cherry combo, you have to make my Chocolate Cherry Ice Cream too! Crazy delicious!
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS CAKE?
baking soda and baking powder
salt and sugar
MORE CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPES:
CHOCOLATE CHERRY CAKE RECIPE:
Chocolate cherry cake - romantic dessert for chocoholics. Rich, chocolate cake filled with juicy cherries is the perfect summer dessert!
- 1 c all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 c granulated sugar
- 1/2 c unsalted butter , softened to room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 c buttermilk
- 3/4 c chocolate chips or chunks
- 1 1/2 c sweet dark cherries , pitted, halved
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lightly grease 9" springform pan. Line with parchment paper. Grease and flour the paper. (You can also use 9" square pan).
- Whisk together the dry ingredients (flour, cocoa, soda, baking powder and salt). Set aside.
- Beat sugar and butter to light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla. Beat 1 min.
- Add dry ingredients alternating with buttermilk.
- Mix until just combined.
- Pour into pan. Sprinkle with chocolate.
- Bake 25 minutes.
- Arrange cherry halves on top of the cake. Bake 15 more minutes (cake should not wiggle in the center).
- Cool completely.
- Top with Rum Brown Sugar Greek Yogurt and fresh cherries.