Cherry Cream Chocolate Cupcakes – decadent chocolate cupcakes with a surprise filling and cherry preserves cream frosting! Also, celebrate Mother’s Day with Bonne Maman and enter sweeps for fantastic prizes!
Moms everywhere, this one is for you.
Decadent, rich chocolate cupcake, filled with cherry preserves, topped with cherry ganache and cherry preserves cream. Triple the cherry over a chocolate cupcake. Yes, please!
Because Mother’s Day is just around the corner and all moms love cupcakes!
If you ask me, what I would like in the end of a busy day – almost 100% of the time I would say a chocolate cupcakes with fluffy frosting. It’s my indulgence and bliss. These chocolate cupcakes with cherry ganache and cherry preserves cream frosting are nothing short of bliss. Melt-in-your-mouth sweet bliss!
Will all busy moms agree with me? Even if your kids are grown and have flown the nest, wouldn’t you just love a decadent chocolate cupcake with a fluffy cream on top?
This year, I am proud to partner with Bonne Maman in celebrating Mother’s Day! Bonne Maman makes preserves and jellies with 100% all-natural ingredients. Their products are made in France and all-natural, with no artificial coloring, no high fructose corn syrup or no preservatives added. They are gluten-free, kosher and non-GMO verified.
The cherry preserves that I used in this recipe, are my hands-down favorite. So sweet and with real chunks of cherries. I could eat it with a spoon and have done so!! So good on buttered toast on a lazy Sunday morning or drizzled over your favorite fluffy pancakes. But for this recipe, I used it three times: I filled the cupcakes with them, added the preserves to the chocolate ganache and dipped all of the cupcakes in it, and stirred the preserves into freshly whipped cream and swirled it over the cupcakes.
It’s a real treat but so easy to make! I used my trusted chocolate cake recipe that creates rich and gorgeous cupcakes. The cream topping is almost like mousse. It’s simply fresh whipped cream with cherry preserves stirred in and swirled on top of the cupcakes.
- 1.5 c all-purpose flour
- 1 c granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 c unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 c vegetable or canola oil
- 1 c water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 12 Tablespoons Bonne Maman Cherry Preserves
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 Tablespoons and 1/2 Bonne Maman Cherry Preserves
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons Bonne Maman Cherry Preserves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking soda, cocoa powder and salt).
- Add water, oil, vanilla and vinegar. Whisk until smooth.
- Scoop the batter with a regular ice cream scoop and fill the cupcake liners.
- Bake the cupcakes for 18 to 10 minutes OR until the toothpick inserted in the center of each cupcake, comes out clean.
- Cool cupcakes in the pan completely.
- When cooled, core cupcakes, reserving the tops.
- Fill each cupcake with a tablespoon of the preserves. Place the cored tops back on the cupcakes.
- Place chocolate chips in a small mixing bowl.
- Heat up the cream until hot but not boiling. Pour over the chocolate chips. Do not stir! Let it sit for 5 minutes. Whisk until smooth. Add the preserves and stir in.
- Spread each cupcake with the chocolate ganache. Set aside so the ganache can set.
- Whip the whipped cream to stiff peaks, about 5 to 7 minutes. If making the cupcakes ahead of time, chill the whipped cream in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Gently fold in the cherry preserves and top each cupcakes with a dollop of the cream. Spread with an offset spatula.
- If desired, drizzle additional ganache over the cream topping.
Bonne Maman would like to wish every Mom a very happy Mother’s Day and give them a chance to win a $3,000 Day Off! The prize is $2,000 for the winner and $1,000 to share with a friend for a day off. Additionally, you can download a $1.00 off coupon. Sweeps end May 31st, 2015. Good luck!
To enter the Bonne Maman Mother’s Day sweeps, click HERE.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Bonne Maman. All opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting brands that I love and that make this blog possible.