Cheesy Cauliflower Alfredo Bake recipe – creamy and saucy casserole with cauliflower and garlicky Alfredo sauce. Serve as side dish or turn into a full meal by adding chicken or beans.
CHEESY CAULIFLOWER ALFREDO BAKE
If you tried any of my cauliflower recipes, you know I love to turn this vegetable into something you wouldn’t expect. One of my favorite ways is to turn it into healthy Alfredo sauce, with the addition of roasted garlic. Now I have a new way and it’s using it in place of pasta! I love the combination of garlic Parmesan Alfredo and cauliflower in this saucy dish.
Simply cook cauliflower florets until tender, drain and place in buttered dish. Top with Alfredo sauce (I used Homemade Alfredo Sauce recipe that’s super easy to make), shredded mozzarella cheese and bake for 20 minutes. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.
You can serve this dish as a side along with roasted chicken or meatloaf OR add cooked cubed chicken or beans to the casserole before baking. I like having options. 😀
Please note, the cauliflower (even though it’s cooked) will release water during baking this dish. It will make it saucy. It is best to eat this bake the same day.
MORE HEALTHY PASTA RECIPES:
If you like this recipe and make it, snap a photo and share it on INSTAGRAM! Tag me @crunchycreamysweet so I can check it out and leave a comment! 😀
Cheesy Cauliflower Bake
- 5 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 cups half and half
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tsp chopped parsley for garnish
- Cook cauliflower until tender. Drain. Place in buttered 2 quart casserole dish. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
- Whisk half and half with cornstarch, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning. Add to butter in saucepan. Stir and cook until thick.
- Add Parmesan to sauce, stir in well.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Pour Alfredo sauce over cauliflower. Top with shredded mozzarella.
- Bake dish for 15 to 20 minutes or until bubbly and mozzarella cheese is melted.
- Garnish with chopped parsley. Serve.