Blue Ribbon Challenge is a monthly link up with a theme. Every month, participants make the same dish but with their own spin on it. We share our posts on the same day. If you are interested in joining the group, you can do so on Facebook or simply link up next month here on CCS! I am looking forward to have you join the delicious fun.
It's the last Wednesday of September which means two things.
1. It's almost October!! Eeek!
2. It's time for our monthly Blue Ribbon Challenge!
This month just flew by! It feels like we just shared our granitas post! Now Halloween is just around the corner, pumpkins greet you by the door of every store and farmers markets. The trees are changing and mornings are somewhat chilly.
I hope you had fun making curd. I have to say, I was looking forward to this month's challenge as I have never made curd before. Yet it seems like it's a popular trend on food blogs lately. I decided on lime version simply because I love limes. I even added the zest! Next time, I will add more sugar though. I think it's not sweet enough, but that can be a personal preference.
- 4 egg yolks
- 3/4 c granulated sugar
- 3 c limes zested and juiced ( about 3/4 juice )
- 6 Tbsp salted butter
- Prepare double boiler by filling a medium saucepan with 1" of water. Place over medium heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together egg yolks and sugar until smooth.
- Add lime juice and whisk together.
- Place the bowl over a saucepan with simmering water ( double boiler ) and cook the egg mixture until thickens, whisking constantly. About 8 - 10 minutes.
- Remove the bowl from the saucepan and add butter to the lime egg mixture.
- Whisk until melted. You can add the zest ad this point. I added about 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons of zest. Cool the mixture for 5 minutes.
- Pour into a glass jar, cover and refrigerate.
You can link up and vote until midnight on Friday. The winner will be announced on Saturday. Thank you for participating!